Himax C3516-1130 brushless motor - possible bent shaft

TonyS

I've been flying a Multiplex Gemini with the tuning set and recently the thing sounds like it's going to shake itself to pieces as soon as I open the throttle. It's not too bad at very low revs.
I've had the thing apart and checked the motor mounts so I don't think that's a problem.
Someone suggested that maybe the motor shaft is bent so I thought I'd give changing that a go.
Anyone ever had the need to do this? Is it easy / possible and does anyone know where I might be able to source a new shaft?
Thanks
Tony

Advert

I know where to get spare shafts for various motors
and I am sure you could get one to fit the himax.
I hate the mount system on the multiplex foamies, the one on my
Acromaster has given no end of trouble with symptoms similar to yours.
Unless the shaft has an obvious bend the only way to check is to take it out and roll it on a piece of glass or a mirror, and I don't think it is possible to get it truly straight with standard model room tools.

Thanks chaps. Lots of good suggestions.
I'll go back to the mount first as it's the most obvious and easiest/cheapest solution. Seems odd that it just developed the symptom but then it's a beast of a motor for a plastic mount stuck into some polystyrene!