Oops, I bought myself a present...

I got carried away last night and bought myself a new kit. It looks very nice and all the build blogs i've found look promising indeed. I'm going to electrify it and the AUW is supposed to be around 4.5lb, so I reckon I could get the power to a little under 600w. Currently deciding between hi capacity 3s to go 4s. Anyway, i'll try and post some pics up when I start building.

Advert

No idea what colour i'm going for yet. I should have the kit on Thursday assuming Pegasus are in stock. I'm always terrible at designing colour schemes...

Very excited. Pegasus rang me because i'd entered my postcode wrong and their courier was on the way, so I will definitely have it on Thursday :D

Haha yeah. I've got a fairly light workload today (I work from home) so i'm going to have a coffee and get the room hoovered and desk tidied for its arrival. I feel like a new dad

I built 1 a couple of years ago. Great quality kit, went together really well. The lazer cutting was so good that you can assemble the wings without glue then once satisfied everything is ok glue the structure together.

Great to fly as well, supurb slow flying so landings were no problem, excellent u/c..

Covering, I used white & light blue profilm. I think I have a picture somewhere, if you want to have a look I'll post it on the thread when I get home.

You'll have fun building and flying it.

Blimey, this goes together quickly...I ended up doing some holiday cover on Saturday at my LHS, so I could take it in and get some bits done there too.

I've changed the u/c bolts and tee nuts from the 4/40 ones to M4 and i'm currently planning the change of the tank bay to a battery area. Stunned at the speed of this assembly. I've used CA for non-critical joints and used aliphatic for joining the sides to the formers and epoxy on the firewall. The motor mount is a Great Planes one I picked up at work.

Canopy cut and i've sprayed the inside of the hatch. I've also sanded all of the control surfaces today.

Edited By Simon B on 29/01/2012 23:11:20

Edited By Simon B on 29/01/2012 23:13:02

Did some covering today. All done in profilm/oracover, which always gets a nicer result, even if it's crazily expensive. Pilot arrives tomorrow, so I can get the hatch finished then.

Yeah, I think Sig have a customer for life after this. It's nice and strong and looks loads better than anything else i've built.

Here's the latest. Wings are now attached via plastic bolts and tee nuts. I didn't like the elastic band and hook method in the instructions.

I just need to work out where I've put the damn servos now...I had them somewhere.

Edited By Simon B on 02/02/2012 21:03:27

Hi simon
Thats looking really nice!!! Maybe tempted by one of these when my flying skills improve! You have built it in about an 1/8 of the time i am taking to get my
sig four star 60 built. I have been really impressed by the quality and fit of all the bits as Russ P says like a jigsaw puzzle.

Dean (another happy sig customer)

Edited By Dean on 03/02/2012 15:04:55

I'm actually wondering how the hell i've finished it as quickly. It's been 8 days, which is freaking me out. I was working at my LHS today and fitted the u/c and did some trimlines, which i'm really happy with.

Progress has slowed up today, but connected up all the control surfaces now and done the battery hatch. I've hinged it at one end using CA hinges and the other end screws into a hardwood block. I've still got to get some velcro to strap in the battery, but then I can do the radio test :D