Reversing a Wasp 12A Esc

Hi ,

I have a wasp 12a Esc which i can not find the instructions for and i am hoping someone has them and could give me some info .

Is it possible to reverse the running of the motor on this Esc by programing , i known i can on some of the other Esc i have .

The reason i ask is because on small motors i do not use connectors i solder them directly to the Esc which is fine so long as you dont take it out of a pusher model and put it into a tractor model as i am doing , i known i could unsolder two of the motor wires and reverse them but it would be nice just to program the Esc to run in the opposite direction .

Cheers ,
hope someone can help

Advert

If it is this speed controller or from here check out the bottom of the page:

NOTE: This ESC does not have a reverse function.
So looks like you need a 2 min job with the soldering iron

In the time it takes to find the info on the web it is probably faster and easier to just swop a wire for all of a few minutes work/soldering.

Edited By Dusty on 26/01/2012 22:29:38

What I do is to check direction of rotation using a connector block before I solder up (the kind here you push wires in from either side, with a screw to retain each wire).

Then mark the pairs when you have got the motor running the right way.

Then solder.