About to buy Phoenix v3, Is the heliguy a safe bet?

Rusty C

I cant find phoenix anywhere but wheelspin models and I will not be back to them as they are mental on dispatch charges grrr

Rusty

Thanks Boggy.... I am always wary with "new to me shops", rightly so I guess.
Will check them out.

Cheers

Rusty

i wouldn't suggest rusty mate

i ordered it from them+an adaptor cable for my futaba 6ch Rx
it was 2nd hand postage...
i waited 14 days and it still hadn't come, so i rung them up and they then sent me another 1st class, and it came the next day.

if you ask me, its terrible service

Oh dear sorry to hear that Alex. I find it very frustrating when things dont turn up, Which is why I normally stump for the extra cost and go with a 24hr courier about 6.50. But I can track parcels and arrange to be in.

I am looking forward to this phoenix sim, seems to be the most rated anyway.

Rusty

yeah i had it saturday and haven't been off it yet :D its really good FairPlay, the forum guys usually have an online session also and we have combat games and what not...

great fun :D

Sweet will need to get involved in some online stuff, When my flying is up to it that is.
What are your thoughts on its realism close enough? I really need it for orientation just now, also the fact that the weather hasn't been that great ay. O and to have fun thats what its all about

Rusty

its very realistic, the only thing is that it when the models far away, its hard to see it and find your orientation, but other than that its superb :D

Cool thats good to know as for the distance and orientation thing I would say thats a true to life thing also, But i guess i will find out soon.
The misses wont get a looking once it arrives

I am hopping to go for my solo in say 2 months so this should help no end. will try to stay committed to planned flight stuff in the test, not just flying about like idiot

cheers
rusty

Alex are you talking about Hobby hangar? because if after a telephone call, taking your word for it that you didn't receive it, then they sent you out another by 1st class postage,I would call that excellent service not terrible!

Hobby Hangar are a family run business that pride themselves on service. the two sons are probably the best helicopter pairs pilots on the uk circuit try googling smith bros rc heli

their shipping details

Edited By boggy on 29/01/2012 23:40:54

Well there was now need to worry, My phoenix will be at my house by 9 am tomorrow. The heliguys have passed the first test
Now looking forward to getting it fired up, incidentally what is it like to set up? anything I should know?

Cheers

Rusty

easy peasy rusty :D

just install, plug ur Tx in and calibrate the controls, and your off

it tells you how to calibrate in very very simple steps also so no confusion

looking forward in combating with you online :P

Nice one bud, I am using a DX6i so should be fine. Are you guys online a lot? and how would i know when people are on... Forum?

Combat sounds like a laugh, But i think i will spend a lot of time re-kitting virtual models Cheers

Rusty

well since I've had it, theres been a session on there every night at about 8-9pm

yeah, look here for people who are making an online session... and make sure to post on there if your making one :D

the thing is, i haven't figured out how to download the models that I own, I personally think that you can only download what the phoenix guys put on there

Alex

sweet thanks bud Will defo be on the look out for a session sometime soon.
I believe you are right about the models am pretty sure its there call
I think they should hold some kind of poll to see what models they "model" next, sounds a good idea to me after all its us that buy

Hope to see you guys online soon

Cheers

Rusty

Yesty back from work only for the wife to present me with me phoenix GAME ON!
Will throw down the dinner and see about getting it set up.

Any probs and I will be back annoying people for answers who knows maybe even make it online tonight, exciting........ yes indeed

Rusty

Very please with phoenix, I was worried it was goin to make it easy and it doesn't so pretty realistic for me anyway.
This should be worth its weight in gold!

Rusty