Lady - Learning to Fly

Advert

I f some one is prepared to try to learn to fly in these Baltic conditions she must be very keen indeed. Well done Jan. Warm clothes, lots of hot coffee,keep warm in between flights, If you can keep it up, (sure you will) by Summer you will be well and truly hooked.I started in a Jan. still fly ing 25 years later and loving it. Well done. Cheers

Congratulations Jan good flare on landing.We have a lady flier in our club and her landinput a lot of members to shame,its the gentle lady touch I think,She has now successfully passed her A and is on to her second model She learnt to fly with a Seagull Boomerang.Well 2 actually,her husband put a big light on the front of it and tested it in a fog--oops,it didnt work and he crashed it.He walked in the door and she said " have you crashed my plane" his reply " Who told you" ,"You" she said apparently his body language said it all,us guys cant get passed you girls can we ,I suppose its a Spifire next is it.

Hi all
Jan (my other half) says a big thank you for the positive comments.
Jan (dictating this) said she has been learning for a long time and requires an "A" to fly solo at our club field and as she is also the Bartons Point Model Flying Clubs club secretary she is determined that this is the year she will pass - Less cooking and more flying this year I am told...
Regards Peter

Im sure youll be taking over the cooking with Jan on the buddy box to help you Peter,what a fantastic relationship to have a lady flying partner ,a rare find Peter you lucky man,personally I live alone and model flying took the place of a partner.I now have a new girlfriend but still had a Christmas Day build,more because she was to busy with friends and family to fit me in,she thinks I was a forlorn lonely figure festering by the suidof an unlit fire drowning my sorrows in Appletise ,but I was very busy until 10.30 am

Being the clever sort I am - and not wishing to die early - I have to be honest here and say I made sure I did NOT teach Jan to drive but made sure she had lessons - I have ensured the same sane reasoning to the model flying and a good friend has taken the task of training Jan on the buddy lead - that way I can stay alive.
Jan wants me to point out that the cooking she refers to is the BBQ at the field for all the flyer's.
Looks like they are going to go hungry till she gets her "A" this year...
Regards Peter

Edited By PETER BRUCE - Eastchurch Gap on 12/02/2012 13:05:33