Rapid Models UK - faultless service!

Just a heads-up here for one of my favourite online suppliers;

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/rapid-models-uk

I've been using Turnigy motors and ESCs pretty much exclusively for the last couple of years now, and Justin at Rapid Models has never failed me with a prompt and reasonably priced overnight service.

Of course, you can get cheaper from abroad - if you don't mind the wait, and the threat of import charges, of course.

I would stress that I'm not sponsored in any way here, but just posting as a satisfied, paying punter.

timsmiley

Advert

Chris,

I'm a fan of GC too, so I've no axe to grind.

Anyway here's a pic of the motors that should find homes in the coming months...

The pair of babies on the left will go into my Speedtwin ST2. On the right is the 4250 for the coming 60" scale up of the Clean Sweep, whilst over-shadowing them all is the mighty G160 that's destined for the 1/4 scale (BUSA) Nieuport 28.

tim

Sorry about this Tim but on your new twin thread you show a couple of motors and speed controllers and say "Rapid Models has supplied me with twin Turnigy powertrains, and four metal-geared servos" your choice of words indicate that these were supplied FOC.

Now if retailer is giving you free stuff I feel this thread is in bad taste.

SO'L

Without wishing to start an endless debate I can't agree that the word "supplied" in any way suggests that something is given free of charge. It simply means a need has been satisfied.

Posted by Seamus O'Leprosy on 25/02/2012 21:40:00:

Sorry about this Tim but on your new twin thread you show a couple of motors and speed controllers and say "Rapid Models has supplied me with twin Turnigy powertrains, and four metal-geared servos" your choice of words indicate that these were supplied FOC.

Posted by Tim Hooper on 27/02/2012 11:04:24:

Bri,

I'll not list all the Turnigy motors and ESCs I've acquired over the last couple of years, but crash damage aside, I've never had any kind of failure since I started using them, hence the recommendation!

tim

I have (had issues) blush but then I was pushing them past their specs. With the older gold coloured ones I tended to go a good 20% over the power they were rated for with no issues at all. My issue was with the black SK's, they didn't seem to like going anything at all past their rating before maybe a magnet came loose or the can twisted off centre... My fault entirely I guess?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

has any one looked at the traders going to the southern model air show in paddock wood on the 14th and 15th of september.

guess who is going rapid models .

i will just have to go now and see if its the same guys ,i just hope it is and they are still trading,

justin was always helpful .smiley

the down side for me is the wife wants all the decorating done first .

regards bob.

• 4 years later...

Not sure if this is the same company but I ordered something over the phone yesterday and it arrived this morning, less than 24 hours later. They seem to stock a lot of HK stuff and not all is on their website including some spares that HK have discontinued, (which is what I was after). The nice lady wasn't sure if she had what I wanted and said she would phone back in 2 minutes which amazingly she did! Superb service.

http://www.rapidrcmodels.com/