Seagull decathlon

Advert

Indeed 12x6 on mine with an Irvine 53.

I'll be interested to hear how it goes. I never got mine quite right last season. I have plans to recheck the CofG again before I try her this year. Plenty of go, but quite reluctant to unstick and needed to land quite fast, so keep us posted!

I'd find it will struggle on a .53. Someone at the club had one and struggled to take-off. and gave up.

I had a OS 70 surpass, changed to a Alpha .81 and still need full power , otherwise gets boring. Thinking of putting a .95 OS FS-V in it. Apart from that, a good flyer

• 2 weeks later...

hi paul,

just tried the decathlon with a 12x6 and the engine seems to be pulling well. just after take off the plane swung quite violently to the right and i was lucky to continue in a very low right hand circuit and land without damage !!!!!!! . needed a sit down after that and a flight with my calmato low winger to calm the nerves. is this plane prone to this or could i have got the rudder control adjusted incorrectly. any sugestions re control throws would be really appreciated.

It will drop a wing if you pull up without enough airspeed. It may look like a trainer, but can bite. Nothing nasty, but having power in reserve helps. That was a torque swing, where opposite rudder would help. I flew mine last weekend and was spot on.

Also when you took off, how was the power? Luckely you not damaged it. phew!