Setting up new Tx and Heli

Chris Rae

Help! Im new to helis and need some advice. I have just bought a pre built Heli (Hk450 V2) and it was set up and flying on the previous owners DX6i. I fly Futaba and just bought a new 6EX and Orangerx RX.

I was wondering if someone could guide me through setting the two up together as im worried about hooking up the lipo incase it spools up.

Advert

Hi Chris.

While you are setting up the heli if you disconnect two of the three wires between the speed controller and the motor, this will prevent the motor from starting up. Safety First!! wink 2

If you do a google search for "Helifreak" there is a lot of specific help for individual models of helicopters and particular radios, I can help with the Heli, but Im not a Futaba user so cant really help there.

The manual that came with my Align T-Rex was very detailed with respect to setup. It might be worth downloading it from the internet, assuming that yours is a clone of the T-Rex.

As for safety, I second what Chippy has said. I always take the main blades off, to stop them getting in the way of things and, if I have a receiver battery handy, I simply disconnect the ESC from the receiver (often simpler than disconnecting the motor) and use the receiver battery.