6EX vs Optic 6 vs DX7

Dean

Hi all,

I currently have a Futaba 6EX 2.4ghz FASST setup, which I have had no problems with what so ever my only gripe is the cost of FASST receivers.

So, I have been toying with the idea of getting rid of the futaba and getting either the Hitec Optic 6 or save some more pennies and go for the Spektrum DX7S

The receivers seem to cost a lot less for these and have the added bonus of telemetry, In perticular i really like the thought of having the Rx battery Voltage monitored.

Does anybody have any opinions good or bad on the Optic 6 or DX7S?

Or am I just being silly and stick with the 6EX

Cheers Dean

Alternatively, if you're a happy Futaba user their newer sets use a new system that makes the Rx's cheaper than FASST. I think their designation is T6J and T8J for 6 or 8 channels. OK, they aren't compatible with your present gear but the other makes aren't, either. I'm a Spektrum user myself, and it offers a couple of advantages such as model match, and a vast array of bind and fly models, if that appeals. Really, though, all the makes you mention are good - weigh up what you personal requirements are and go for it!

Dean,

I had exactky the same TX as you, the Futaba 6 EX, it was excellant. However, when I came to upgrade, Futaba bought out the FHSS system. I've taken the oppurtunity to jump ship to Hitec Aurora 9, its got all the bells and whistles I'll ever need and its cheaper than Futaba. I've sold my FASST receivers for £40-45 which allows me to buy Hitec 7 channel RX and still receive change!

I am very happy with the Hitec, telemetry as standard is good to have.