2008 First fly-in of the YEAR

Advert

hi lee timbo cant make the lleyn  /// youll have a great time there weather permiting//going to a function at tea time /hoping to get a few hours in at orme only 30 mins from me so am going to gt orme for a couple of hours //hope the weathers good will keep ion touch iawnski

timbo your on b nice to meet up again just  sorry cant get 2 lleyn/ had some great weekends there /do you all no they have a fly in in sept been going down for a few years now great crack good bunch of lads its a time 2 meet old freinds you all gotta get down there anyway have a great wkend down there iawnski

Hi Lads. I have spoken to Steve Dorling on your behalf and he asks you to meet him at the village bakery (on the left of the road opposite the petrol station) in the village of Llanaelhaearn. There is a car park there able to accomodate a few cars and is all just down the hill from Dorlings house and on the main A499 as you start to cross the Lleyn inbetween the two mountains (The rivals).

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?&t=l&map=52.97668,-4.40463|14|4&loc=GB:52.97668:-4.40463:14&dp=841

I suggest that as a group you all meet up first in Morrisons car park south of Caernarfon (there is a nice westerly hill for small foamies there if you want a quick fly) and give Steve a bell as you set off and then meet him at the bakery the 20 or so minutes later, but I'll leave this for you lot to agree.

The bakery meeting point will give you a good base to work from for the sites you would probably be using.

Convoys should be easy as the Lleyn is generally quiet at this time of year. I'll join you if I can but it's all dependant on the nurses shifts.....

hi guys get in touch with club sec at lleyn he will advise you /loads of places to fly from all wind directions/a couple of miles before abersoch  youll see a sign for the old polinski caravan site turn here go for about half mile turn left into caravan park .you will come to a barrier on right go thru (lift barrier first) then just follow the road as far as you can the club site is at the far end/hope this helps

Hi all

I have got steves N.O. and I will be ringing him on Wednesday because we will have a better idea of what wind we are dealing with too, I think meeting at the site or near too is going to be better all round, Not sure if 11am is a little late really though as we dont have alot of daylight this time of year, I was thinking more like 10am or even 9am but whatever suits all is fine with me, There will be 3 in my party or even 4, Please could any one thats coming let me know just how many will be attending so that I can give steve a clue when I do talk to him, If there is anyone you know is coming that is not a member on here please let me know how many ( put your hand up for them ).

according to the weather reports at the mo its looking like southerly but we all know how they can change,

Best regards

Lee

hi lee and all modellers(((( happy new year to you all)))ll just add my bit the lleyn long drive there this time of year /i think you should get there for about 0800hrs to have a good days flying as the days are short (only my opinion its up to all you other pilots to decide)if anyone not going to lleyn /let us no im going to orme till 1600hrs (got to rush back prior engagement) will be at the asda at 0900 hrs for some brecky ?as i said up to you all iawnski

Hi Folks

you are more than welcome to come and fly on my (our) club sites but this must be by invitation and pre arrangement, so the poster who advocates popping down to Abersoch and turning left (ie Cim Farm) is treading on our (LMAC) toes - flying isnt' a problem at CIM but we've had to get all 'official' this past year because of interlopers tramping down crops and leaving gates open etc.

For those that want to play - just give me a bell (Andy E has a daytime tel number) and I'll be happy to point or (more likely) join you for the day.

Drive time - it's 45 mins to my gaff from the Orme - about 20 mins to the Southerly slopes - Cim etc - or 5 mins to the Northerly edge - good hills, bags of lift - bring foam and plastic, if the wind is anything from 3 to 100 mph then there will be a hill that 'works'

see yer