Looking for club near Stockport ...

avtur

I've used several local place names in the search facility but found nothing so my question is ... anyone a member of, know of or recommend a club around Stockport / South Manchester area please?

Interest - Electric/RC

Edited By avtur on 29/03/2012 01:16:35

Advert

Ashton MAC are in the area, but are currently full until next year. Going further afield, there's also Sale MFC, and I know that the Phoenix Club in Chelford are currently looking for members.

Ashton and Sale both have links from the BMFA club search, but Phoenix doesn't have any contact details on there. A call to BMFA headquarters may yield results in that respect.

TMFC.org
tyldesley mfc have openings i live near ashton myself but i choose to travel as i consider our facilities superb, and the standard of flying very good, at weekends it is like a mini show, jets large models as well as the normal we have a proper training scheme so if you think your up to it check our website out

Andy, I am indeed.

I'm there a lot less than I would like as a result of having a job which takes me away on a lot of weekends. I'm the one who tends to fly a big foam powered glider. Very easy to fly, when the prop stays on anyway...

I might get down tomorrow but doubt it as I'm working away again this weekend, failing that I'll definatly be over for the easter break.

Olly

Avtur

Another three local clubs to consider are the Smithy, who fly wet power and electric on a very nice patch behind the Total Fitness Gym. BATS who fly mostly gliders/esoarers at Seal Rd in Bramhall, but also have an electric "park fly" group. They are also very active on the local slopes. Thirdly if you are into heli's then the Cheshire Hell e Cats fly on a field south of Woodford aerodrome.

So we are quite well off for clubs in South Manchester really! If you want the contact details for any of the three above drop me a PM.

Cheers

Ian

Posted by Lee Smalley on 29/03/2012 10:51:26:
David do you still have your monthly meetings at windy hourbor farm if so when and what time, might drop by when i take the wife to see her mum

Lee,

Yes, we still have our monthly club meetings up at Windy Harbour!! 2nd Tuesday of the month, 8:30pm onwards (but people normally there from 8pm!!

Hope to see you there somethime!

Dave

Bury Metro have a great field, has safe parking, clubhouse on site, holds several interesting fly-ins next thursday is our hugely popular auction night, come along and have a chat, we will be at the field on saturday, weather permitting, look for egypt lane, simister, the road goes over the motorway, we have 2 fields, 1 for helis, tuther fixed wing, fly all day, every day,