Twister Sky Lift

DON WILSON

• 2 weeks later...

My first post on this site dated 9.12.07 which read as follows:-

'Have mine on order.  David is it possible to recommend a replacement battery?' along with David Ashby's reply, seems to have disappeared, or have been deleted.  If for some reason I have clicked where I shouldn't have I must apologise to everyone.   Could someone please enlighten me.

Yes, I did check with Perkins on this one. It is supplied as mode 2 but the TX can be converted by opening the case, flicking a switch and moving the throttle ratchett across - job done.  In mode two it behaves as standard so (sorry about the fixed wing terminology) rudder/yaw and throttle on left and elevator and aileron on right.

I have got mine and I must say it does fly  really well even better than my Blade cx2 however I have seized on of the rear motors and I suspect on of the front ones is weak as before this I was having trouble geting the front off the ground so am a bit worried about if the 11.1 v lipo is too much for them and I certainly wouldn't go for a bigger battery

Well I have the sky lift back now and all I need to do is trim the pots.

I was just wondering if the upgrade parts which are in the Twister Skylift book are the same as the E-flight Blade upgrade parts? I know the blades are the same but was wondering if the alloy parts are too? As I like to replace all the parts which can be upgraded over time and order them of ebay?

Plus can the fly bar housing be replaced with the CX2 metal alloy upgrade to stop the fly bar popping off after a heavy or crash landing?

Can anyone help answering these questions?

Regards

Si

• 2 weeks later...
John, Yes - I've been using an older Kokam 900mAh pack but there is a Twister 1000mAh pack that's used on the Twister CP so most model shops stock these and again I've used this pack too. Both seem to squeeze in the oversized battery holder on my Sky Lift. It's a good idea to let the motors cool between flights if using the larger packs.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I was flying indoors in a double garage,where i also flew the twister medivac with no problems what so as i have reset the gyro back to original setting but thank you for the heads up on not touching the gyro.

yawing to the right,before i altered the gyro I adjusted the yaw control this was already set as default to the 10 past position-could not seem to get the flight simup and running the handset didn't seem to respond at all

I agree with you that it is indeed just propoganda-however as i am getting on really well with the medivac i can only asume there is a technical fault with the skylift

Many thx for your swift feed back hope to hear from you soon

Chris

Thx Eric

Am running xp think i have tried all settings but will double check as it would be a great help.

Many thanks again ,it is good to get some support as my local model shop only seems interested in taking money i now buy all spares online steve webb havebeen good

Update on skylift have removed body to check all fittings are tight and found fly bar holder had come loose from inner shaft on the front have replaced inner shaft and can now trim and fly {yippie}

Many thx again will let you know how i get on with flight sim over weekend .

Chris

Got my skylift from SMC. Fist flight was great no problems. When I recharged battery and replaced the blades started immediately regargless of TX positions. Sent back and received replacement. Now OK. Not sure about ally upgrade parts. Would they weigh more than the plastic ?? The skylift seems to dislike any extra weight, ie. bigger batteries, etc.

I cut out some thin clear plastic for the windows including the bubble ones, looks great now.                                                                                                     

I had the same problem with mine motors started full power with no input on tx nearly took my eye out ,returned to shop new cyrstals needed .

Upgrade parts are heavy .got them for medivac navy look good and seems more stable but will not fly higher than waist high with the optional float set which also look good.Have trimmed any slack out of throttle but still no joy .Had to remove float set now flies really well.

Had alot of problems with skylift trimming etc but getting on top of it and now having some fun.A good tip is if it won'y  trim or starts flying badly check all parts of rotor are tight and undamaged as this has cost me alot of time and money.

Cris

George, how do you find the heat being produced from the motors? Is it venting well with the bubble windows? I got mine from SMC and they are a good bunch of people to talk to. As for the up grades? I guess it would be more weight as basicly its two helicopters really. My Blades CX2 flies well with the full ally upgrades. I think they are the same by looks? Does anyone agree with that or knows different?

I need to service (or replace) some parts on my model as I was trying to do a rolling landing with the rear wheels (basicly a wheely!). Rear wheels landed first but the speed was too much and I damage one of my front legs. Also I need to trim it up to hover better.

Does anyone know if you can get the shell in a clear plastic to spray yourself.

Simon, heat from the motors does not seem to present a problem with the widows in. I assume that the fan effect of the rotors through the very open fuselage keeps them cool enough.

I also painted the inside of the fuselage tops and exhausts with matt black and this improves the looks a lot.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...