Elusive B-17 props from HobbyKing

Hi, I have been having an issue with HobyKing over them sending me replacement props for my B-17 purchased from them. The model number is F2601 and the props are 3 bladed 7x6 - 2 are number F90215 (standard) and 2 are number F90215-1 (reverse). I have contacted them till I am blue in the face, and they keep coming back with 'Sorry, these items are not available'.

In the back of the manual that came with the aircraft is a sheet listing all the spare parts that make up this plane. So that staight away tells me that these are available. I have even asked them to give me the manufacturers name so that I can contact them direct. But they say they are not allowed to give me that information.

Can anyone out there help me to get back in the air with my lovely model. The following link is the model in question. I would even welcome suggestions regarding what props I could use instead of these. Thank you in advance. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=18598

Olly, you are wonderful. .The Swiss boys have these props as you rightly said, but they would cost me £44. Ouch! I am in the throws of contacting Hobby Lobby as I notice they are only advertising the left hand props. Tony from TJ Hobbies buys his B-17 kits from HobbyKing so he is in the same boat as me. But thanks to you, I now know that these props are out there.

Cheers,

Richard.

Hi Tony, Not mentioning props is not a problem. However.. you mentioning the landing gear is rather ironic. I went to fly it on its maiden flight on the concrete runway of the old WW2 airfield at Eye, Suffolk, which incidenly is where our club operates and is where I live. The plane hadn't taxiied more than 4 feet when the left retrac unlocked somehow and let it down on one wing breaking a couple of props.

You do get a spare left and right prop with this kit so I wasn't long in putting things right, including adjusting the landing gear. The main leg brace has to go just over centre to lock..mine obviously did not.

But saying all of the above, I flew the plane and it came back settling on its wheels very smoothly, the gear is oil damped which seems very effective. The travel both up and down is very smooth and positive with the worm gear. You would have no problem on a grass strip.

I can't think what else to add Tony, except if you get one...Enjoy it. I'm sure you will.

Cheers for now,

Richard.

Thank you for that. It looks a bit more scale than the larger one from Starmax/Art Tech etc etc. I am tempted as the exchange rate seems to be geting better.

Hope you get your replacement props ok.

I'm not far from the Sudbury/Cornard base, home of the Zodiac squadron!

http://rc-castle.com/shop/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=7x6+3+blade&x=5&y=8

I have finally located a supplyer albeit Hong Kong to fit me up with some props. My thanks to all you people out there and for your help and input. (see above link)

That's interesting you living near to the home of the 486th bomb group at Sudbury. I have been doing my bit in looking after the 100th Bomb Group Museum at Thorpe Abbotts for the last 34 years. Maybe you have been there and we have in fact met. Who knows.

• 5 months later...