They deserve a medal too!!!

Alan Cantwell

Got though the post a nice collectors set today, it was a full illustrated softback book on the Nimrod, the mighty hunter, dealing with its evolution to the MR4, nice letter from the MD of defence systems, and, the icing on the cake, a specially struck medal of the Nimrod MR4, sealed in a special case, this is to celebrate the first MR4 delivery to the RAF in 2010,

of coarse, that was the last Nimrod MR4 cut up, at Warton, and Nimrod never actually got delivered to the RAF, for they condemned it, and would not let it fly, not even back to Woodford to chopped up,

I have a feeling that they had had these made back in 2010, and when the project was murdered, have been wondering what to do with them,

STILL, its a nice thing to read, but, think if i was them, i would have skipped them,

Advert

Sad reminder of the demise of Nimrod ....the better side of £4bn of our hard earned tax £'s down the pan ... glad to see someone has something to show for it.

Wont ever forget the pictures of the machines chopping the airframes at Woodford ...

I wonder if someone at BAE didn't skip them to specifically provide some physical evidence given all the trouble they went to remove it!

You would have thought that there were more than enough examples in the last 50 years to have stopped this sort of thing happening - yet again.

It will be interesting to see (if I live long enough!) what reasons history finally records for the 'how and why' it ended as it did..