Saito.45

ColinJ

Advert

hello colinj....not knowing the model...i would prob say you are going to have prob's using the saito(not big enough/not enough oomph)....a 60/70 4st will be reqd i would have thought for a cub 85in span as a minimum......time to spend some more dosh..... ?

ken anderson ne..1 ..... more dosh dept.

Hello Colin . The Saito 45 is not a very powerful engine JMO . I have test flown a world models cub (similar size ) with a 52 fs fitted and it was fine and flew at a nice speed ,again just my opinion . That was a calm day as i remember . As the TT cub is 82 inch span I would certainly up the engine size. The specs say a 50 to 91 for a fs but I reckon a 70 would be fine . Good luck .

Hi Colin, i fly the JP version Piper Cub, 68" span, with a Saito .40 fitted with a 11 x 6 JFX prop.

It is a perfect match for the airframe, the only thing to remember is the Cub is not a trainer, ie it has to be flown, but, it is a brilliant aeroplane.

I get approx 40 minutes flying time with the cub per ( standard ) tank.

Looking at the specs for the Saito .40 and .45 the .40 is only very slightly down on power compared to the .45 so to answer your question the long way round !!!!! Yep the .45 will be fine, try it and let us know?

Regards

Chris.