Ripmax Dazzler

Cookson

A contact through my flying club has given me a Ripmax Dazzler, it was built by his father late '60s early '70s, it has never flown or even had an engine or servo's mounted in it.

Generally looks to be in sound condition but has been stored near a window at some point and the yellow painted finish is faded across the wings which are foam veneer.

I want to get this model in the air but 1st needs checking over & a re-paint.

Any suggestions on what I should check apart from the obvious, what colour scheme, something from the era, what engine etc.

I have a few tins of Flair spray paint, would this be ok to use.

Hi Cooko,

I had two when I was a lad back in the 70's

The smaller 30" wingspan and the larger 48". they did a 63" span version as well.

Flew OK, had a bit of stick for not being a trad build from the balsa bashers laugh.

Check the wing join is good, bandage and araldite was the order of the day,or was it GF resin .

Kelvin

Kelvin,

Wow, like the pic, what year is that, which is you & what colour is the model (blue wings, yellow fus) ?

This one I have is the 63" version, your comment "not being a trad build", I guess this was an early AARTF (almost almost ready to fly).

Yes I can see the wing join, does look to be bandage & epoxy/resin joint & feels ok.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

I am at the front, arm out touching the model.

Yep colour scheme is correct, like to be different .

If it had foam wings then it was considered to be ARTF , even though the fuselage was balsa sheet,strip and ply and had to be built up surpriselaugh.

Just to prove I can build from bits of wood and tissue a picture of me around the same time

Veron Fokker DVIII - 48" wingspan- 2 channel R/C rudder/elevator - Webra diesel engine.

Still produced by Ben Buckle. Happy days smile d.

Me 1974.Anyone recognise the  model?

• 1 month later...