Concern over 'fake' receivers (Spektrum AR6200)

I've been trawling the net in order to buy a Spektrum AR6200 rx.

I keep getting directed through many links to a site with the rx priced at £18.9 !!

http://batterylaptopshop.com/accessories/spektrum-ar6200-receiver.htm

Other sites are priced just under £50.00. I want the best value for money but am concened that these are either fake or non existent.

Has anyone had dealings with this particular web site ?

Advert

The counterfeiters seem to have moved on from the AR6100 series, it seems. A couple of quotes from the page:

This is a replacement receiver for spektrum ar6200,which has earn a good reputation around customers from America,United Kindom, Australia and many other countries.

Targethobby disclaims all support and warranty with regards, but not able to tell it is an original receiver or not. (Whatever that means! smile o)

Whilst I am a very contented user of Orange Rx's, which make no claim to be a Spektrum product, I wouldn't touch these, or any other 'Spektrum' receiver advertised at an unbelievably low price, with a bargepole, Geoff.

Almost certainly counterfeit, intended to deceive the purchaser or any future owner into thinking they are genuine Spektrum, and with a philosophy that produces such items, why would they bother to make them reliable?

Pete

I fully agree with Peter B. Just reading the description with its spelling mistakes,apart from the very low price,would make me shy away. I purchased an AR6200 from a seller on ebay,who has a good reputation,second hand. I sent it to Horizon and was told it was a fake. The seller refunded me,and im sure he was as suprised as me that it was a fake.

I now only buy from recognised Spektrum dealers. I dont think saving a few quid is worth it if there is a chance my model could be destroyed.

Their whois record indicates an address in Shenzhen, China, registered for the first time a year ago. Presumably they have a shipping agent in the UK, as they mention using Royal Mail.

Personally, I wouldn't use them either.

Edited By Antiquated on 26/04/2012 18:51:58