Help required finding a foamy slope glider

Can anyone offer some help as to where I can find a foamy glider kit.

I am looking for a wing and fuselage/ fin style rather than a zaggi style just wing and one that is fairly beginner friendly ( ie no nasty flying habits and reasonably ' arrival' capable). I am looking for a kit with the tape etc included but have not found anything so far.  Any suggestons as to web sites etc would be gratefully recieved. Thank you.

Advert

Speak to Stan Yeo at Phoenix Model Products. http://www.phoenixmp.com/

He'll most likely have something that will suit.

If you don't particulary want EPP - the Multiplex Easy Glider is about as beginner frindly as they come. Works well on slope and flat field, and that Elapor is pretty tough. No tape required. Suffers on the hill when the wind gets up around 20+ though.

Andy 

i have a wild thing and as a beginner have been very happy with it, and found it to be very robust when it meets the ground (which is often quite hard ). Also found Alan (the guy who sells them)very helpful.

I have seen a couple of the easy gliders up the slope as well, not flown one but look more stable in lower wind conditions, supprisingly large as well. also without all the tape i would think its quicker to build i would think (not that the wild think takes very long)

Brian

• 1 month later...

I have had a wild thing from SAS, which was great, but I have found alan's new Fusion even better. I am by no means a good flyer and got someone to set up the Fusion, one part of flight . He put it through its paces and then handed over to me. It was fantastic. I beleive it flys in lower wind speed than Wild thing and will handle the heavier wind as well. I keep it in the car, when ever I go up the hill.

Peter 

Well I have the wildthing too, and excellent as it is, I have to say the fusion is possibly better.

However, as you asked for a more convential fuselage and wing shape, then I too agree the PMP stuff is great. I encountered a newbie at our local slope the other day, with a PMP model the "Banshe" which performed very well. most of his models appear to fit your criteria. I quite fancy the hawk

Heres a picture of the banshe

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e10/eunos800/banshe.jpg

Or how about this.... ideal for beginners, it's called...the funstart2

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e10/eunos800/funstart.jpg

I would have to disagree with the PMP thing that seems to be going on here,

They are great models and they fly really well. A friend has a bedlam and he is a very experienced builder and pilot, His comments lead me to believe that a PMP model is a buildathon and needs to be done by an experienced builder, I certainly wouldn't fly a PMP model with the same attitude as my wildthing for fear of breakage, If the wind is up I would still turn to my wildthing or S15 ( Skua )

If your new to the building and flying, Stick to a wildthing/fusion, If not then get yourself a PMP model.

My thoughts for what there worth

Lee

Well the one I encountered the other day was built by and flown by someone who had never even touched a model aeroplane before. He commented that it was easy to build, and he had it done in a few evenings! Still, I dont know the models personally, and if you have actually built /owned /flown a PMP model then your advice is heeded

Went to you know where today....XC weather claimed 15 -20 mph southerley around lunchtime. Got there at 1.15, and it was dead calm, what slight little waft arrived occasionally was dead north !! Went home and built instead. 

The Multiplex Easyglider really is a fantastic foam glider.  It looks good, it's easy to build, it flies absolutely beautifully.  That really is your best bet - don't be put off by the word 'Easy', it's an impressive glider and you'll gain respect on the hill by succeeding with it.  Unless you want to fly in strong winds, when you'll need something heavier, but that's really for more experienced slope soarers.