R/C Switch

I'm trying to find a single pole change-over switch which will operate from a Futaba receiver channel. What I'm trying to do is switch the signal wire going to a gyro to by-pass the gyro in order to render it inoperable when required. Does anyone know of the existence of such a switch? I'm thinking of something like the Turnigy on/off switch but with change-over capability.

All yhe best Mike

Advert

Michael, - I think there are solid state switches, I believe MPX do, or perhaps did, one such; but if something simple and cheap will suffice how about a micro switch operated by a servo arm? It needs very little effort to actually move the contact arm and change over the contacts, so probably a fairly small servo will do the job, just a case of fabricating a little block to mount it on. Or, alternatively, there is a reed change over switch, this is operated by a magnet coming close to it, so perhaps a tiny magnet on the end of a servo arm again? I think this probably requires no effort at all to change over, so again a minimalist servo, perhaps.

These are from Maplin, the micro switch is here and the reed switch is there, the magnets are everywhere but these may be a bit bulky, provided it goes close to the glass container you really don’t need much in the way of attraction. Miniature magnets must be around, a dolls house door catch, for instance? I’m sure it would be fairly simple to cobble something up for a trial.

Just an idea, if it’s something like this you are looking for. I’d think these are fairly vibration proof, but I’m sure it would only be a small installation so you could make it anti-vibration anyway.

Hope this might be some use.

PB

Edited By Peter Beeney on 30/04/2012 20:07:54

Edited By Peter Beeney on 30/04/2012 20:10:05

The question sounds a bit odd.

If the gyro has a signal wire, then surely that plugs into the receiver? (unless it is a very old gyro)

If it doesn't, it is only a few pounds to get a gyro that can be controlled from a receiver channel, only about £1.50 more than a receiver controlled switch.

Some more details of the gyro (+photos) would probably get you a more accurate solution. All gyros I have seen the control wire over rides the manual gain control when it is connected, and the manual gain control is effective when the control wire is not connected.

Very many thanks folks. I'll see what I can do. Incidentally Steve, the signal wire going to the gyro cannot simply be switched off. If it is then the flying surface being controlled is also rendered inoperable. What I want is to have a flying surface cotrolled either by a gyro OR by the receiver channel direct.

Best regards