JR PCM9XII Charger

Danny Fenton

Help....
I have recently bought a JR PCM9XII Tx/Rx and the charger that came with the set displays a red LED when charging is taking place, ie a red led for Tx and red led for Rx battery.
My question is how long should a charge cycle take? the packs have been on now for nearly 24 hours and the leds are still red. The Tx and Rx batts are both 1100mAh.
The charger is a US model but is rated for 220Vac. Is there any danger with leaving them on too long.

Also how much flying time would you safely expect from a charge? (I know this may be dependent on servo loads etc, but roughly?)
Cheers
Danny

Advert

Chances are the LED's wont change colour- they usually don't on wall socket chargers. it all depends on the out put of the charger. For instance if the output is 110mah then the batts should take 10 hours to charge.
Graham tells me that JR chargers usually have two different outputs for rx batt and tx batt, so check.
If they're Ni-Cd's then you probably wont have damaged them by leaving them on too long, you can get away with it for ni-cd's.

On say, a WOT4 a 1100 mah pack will give you a 4-5 good flights of say 10 mins easily and that's bing cautious - probably longer but If you have a rx batt checker then you can monitor between flights.