HELP - Turnigy motor problem

Redstorm

I've just received my long awaited motor (3542) from HK this morning and it appears to have non-standard mounting holes on one end of the motor.

This means in efffect that I need to push the shaft through so it comes out the other end of the motor.

Does anyone know if this is possible with Turnigy motors?

Edited By Redstorm on 05/05/2012 09:15:36

Advert

Yes, it is, some move easily, and some are tight.

I have one that is very tight, and will be going out to the garage to press it out in the vice later.

The Turnigy I out in the Cessna, I held in my hand and tapped the shaft out with a plasic hammer (or screwdrive handle)

What colour is your motor?

You might have to re-locate a C-washer to the groove at the back end of the shaft and there is likely to be a grub screw at the front end of the motor body which must be backed-off before pushing the shaft.

My preferred method is to use a vice rather than a hammer, with a couple of large nuts slipped over the shaft as it is pushed through.

Pete

Hi Steve

Thanks for the prompt reply.

The motor is a sort of orange gold colour. I have included phot's or you.

So are you saying that by removing the spring clip on the back of the motor and loosening the two little allen screws in the collar on the front of the motor I should be able to push the shaft back through?

This would suggest there must be another groove further down the shaft (currently hidden in th motor) to re-attach the spring clip to. Is that right?

This is my motor

Turnigy 3542 1

Turnighy 3542 2

Turnigy 3542 back

If you remove the circlip, you should be able to pull the two halves of the motor apart, the shaft is not tight in the bearings.

Be careful, the two halves are pulled together by the magnets, and if they pop back together with your finge in the way, it can pinch it enought to bruise or cause a blood blister.

Then you can take (sometimes easy, sometimes not) the shaft out of the other end after removing the grub screws.

The push the end of the shaft into the rotor end of the motor (from the inside, it is a shorter distance to push it) until you can just get the circlip on.

Some of them have a groove half way along the shaft for a circlip at the front, some don't. I have used motors with no clip, or usually put a wheel collet on it. The thrust of the motor is not taken there anyway, it is just holding the motor together.

Put some thread sealer on the grub screws after you have checked it is all OK