More fake Spektrum gear

John Eves

Hi

Last week i bought a new Spektrum AR6200 from ebay Kent seller and after reading the recent thread on fake receivers i checked it has a white sticker on the sides saying Tear invalid and on the back its got. Patent pending Made in China

in white writing on a black background. i also noted the there was no neg for pos sign on the end of input sockets. i shot out to the garage to test it to my dismay the unit binded ok then when you cut power to receiver then repowered the unit the satellite receiver would not power up. guess its a fake £24.90 hmm i noted three more of these units have been sold. john

Advert

This won't kick in until the 19th June (why they long-fingered it is a good question) but this ebay message should be in your account, my messages section:

"...A provision has been added that in some cases we may refund part of the cost of the item to the buyer and receive reimbursement from the seller to cover differences between the item described and the item actually received, such as small parts missing or minor repairs needed. In these cases, we will not require the buyer to return the item to the seller..."

Now a rx sold fraudently should be covered under that

Certainly sounds as if it is probably counterfeit, judging by the price. This thread may help in confirming whether it's hooky or not.

If you're satisfied it isn't right, I'd email the seller straight away and if you don't get a satisfactory response in, say, 48hrs, open a dispute, citing the sale of counterfeit goods as the reason.

The people who sell these as genuine are an absolute plague - a couple of years ago it became all but impossible to buy genuine Scandisk memory cards on Ebay and it seems Spekky gear could be going the same way.

Can you provide a link to the item?

Pete

Been up the field today and checked out my AR 6200 full range with satelite I bought from Somerset

who had 29 for sale, and after reading this thread got a bit worried,( I have two of these)

did a range check O.K. disconnected RX batteries OK switched off TX then on again all this at

a range of 50 yds.although they say made in CHINA on the back, I now assume they are O.K.

(unless you know different)

Phill.

Hi it looks like you have got a clone if it have a white sticker on the side saying Tear invalid and patent pending with the number FCCID: BRWDASRX11. also inside the casing the number HC809E with mine when you first the bind its ok, both units switch on ok then when you disconect the battery and trany

Restart trany connect battery and i find the main receiver lights up but the satellite receiver will not switch on, no light. If you rebind it switches on i can only assume that only the main receiver is working

only,

This may work on a range test but at a distance with the plane at multiple angles can the receiver recover the signal, how can we check this. john