Gloster Gladiator - Brian Taylor GG info please

Advert

Not very scientific but if you look at Doug McHard's Gladiator plans on 'Outerzone' he has used a C of G in line with the lower wing leading edge on the lower surface of the upper wing.

Looks right to me, most scale tail dragger biplane C of Gs are over the wheel axles with the fuselage level or just behind.

It can be worked out but it takes some measuring and a bit of maths, it is easier with the Gladiator as it has no wing sweep.

Cheers

Gary (I'm jealous BTW!!)

Measures 95 m/m from leading edge of the top wing, it just shows an arrow on the plan . in old money 3.75". (ie. 95 divide by 25.4) Must admit been considering a build of one, only had the plans 18yrs so pretty new.

Have a good flight

Have just picked up your post. Wife forced me to a warm and sunny clime for a holiday away from modelling shed. Recommeded throws on the plan are as follows ailerons 1/2" up & 3/8" down, Elevator 1 1/8"( 1.125" up&down, Rudder 1 1/4" (1.25" right & left , Flaps 90 degrees. Plan says approx 1/4" right rudder trim used to counteract torque. Also says dirreential was accidental and doubtful if it makes a difference. I Should have stayed on holiday weather back here is b----y awful.Hope this info helps out.

• 1 year later...