"Crow" on a Easy Glider. Help please.

Advert

Hi Bob,

I know you can set up spoilerons (i.e. both ailerons go up) on an MPX Easy Glider using Futaba 6EX Tx because I did it for a friend of mine. Unfortunately that was a long time ago and I don't have the TX manual. The only drawback was the spoileron (flap) control has to be set up on the rotary knob on the TX. Trying to grope for this whilst flying and knowing just what amount you've got can be challenging. My friend fitted a lever extension to his TX knob to give a more positive feel.

As with most spoileron, flaperon, set ups the right aileron servo plugs into channel 1 and the left aileron servo into channel 6. Then you need to consult the Tx manual regarding flap control.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. The good news is we are still flying our Easy Gliders after a few years although we both use Hitech 2.4ghz radios now and the spoilerons are operated by a switch. Happy flying!

Bill

Flaperon mixing (FP)

This function allows the ailerons to be used both as ailerons and as flaps. The flap control dial (CH 6) operates the flap function

If I remember correctly then I set up Spoilerons using the above FP function

Hope that helps

Les

I wouldn't have thought you'd need crow on an Easy Glider as being a foamie it wouldn't be coming in to land fast enough to warrant it, but mixing spoilerons or flapperons may be useful on days when there is little or no head wind. Don't forget that you may need to mix in some elevator compensation as well.

Steve

A470Soaring.blogspot.com

Edited By Steve Houghton 1 on 11/05/2012 10:19:22

The Cruet is always there at a B & B, or Hotel, and is there if you need it!

To Activate Flaperon Mixing (Futaba 6EXA):-

1. Connect the Aileron Servo in the Starboard Wing to Channel 1 (Aileron) in the Rx and the Aileron Servo in the Port Wing to Channel 6 (Flaps) in the Rx

2. Enter Programming Mode and access the W.MIX using the MODE Key.

3. Push the DATA INPUT Lever until FP is displayed on the Screen. Now the Mixing is on. The Servo travels will automatically be reduced to 60% & 40%, but full servo throw will still be achieved when the Aileron Stick and the flap control are moved to their full extremes.

4. Once this mix has been activated, move the servos to their full extremes to make certain they are not overdriving the controls. If necessary, adjust the linkages to achieve the correct control throws.

If you need a copy of the Manual, send me a Private Message, with Email Details, and I will send you a PDF.

Never used the facility but, have always used Ailerons in Channels 1 & 6, so the 'Crow/Flap' Facility is always there.

The knob on my Tx has a Lever which slips over the knob to 'limit' the travel.

Hope this helps.

Ron

Hi Bob.

If you do a search on line you are able to down load the 6EX instruction manuaI.

I set up spoilerons on my Speedo using the same radio as you, I was able to mix in the elavator with the ailerons and used the channel 5 ( if I remember correct ) switch, all or nothing.

hope this helps

Phil