Whizzza by Nigel Hawes

Advert

Alan. I built one of these last year. Mr Nigels website seems to be out of date as brc I no longer stock the kit. At least that was the case last year.

Not sure if your building or already have one. Anyhow have a look here for a my build blog.

**LINK**

Mike

Hello Mike

I put the topic up, for mate of mine was looking for details of it and I could not find anything about the Whizzza for him.

I built one about 5 years ago and it is still flying. I live in France and I find it verey handy as I have field at back of our garden and when the horses are moved as thay are now I can fly in field. It is a bit rough with tall grass so no wheels makes it ideal. It gives the locals something to look at as thay don't get out much.

Hello

After seeing the photo above and following up on various threads, I'm amazed that the Whizzza no longer appears to be "current" - someone even refers to it as old hat. I love the way it looks and the single video I've been able to find of it actually flying is fabulous. Plus, it seems to be an easy/inexpensive build.

However, before I order the plan from MyHobbyStore, could someone please confirm where I can get hold of a canopy. Nigel...?

Thanks for any help

Ian

The plan is in April 2006 if they still do back copies and as the guys said canopy get from

Vortex-vacforms just send them a email........I'am on my third Whizzza ....latest one get a 3/4 semi

sysmmetical section .......3/16 spruce L/E fitted 1/8 up from bottom of the wing ....two 3/8 x !/8 spruce spars making up 3/4 x 1/8 ...3/8 x 1 1/2 ailerons ...... all up weight 2 1/4 lbs with a 400 watt motor

it flies brillant ....... if you decide to do this mod set the wing at one degree negative incidence

Ian ..... motor 400 watt Thumper 3536... Kv1000 ..... 40 amp esc....... 10 x7 prop ...bit slower

10 x 5 ... batt 2200 3cell 25c rating half throttle flying ..goes like a bat .... 8 to 10 mins is my

flying time ....no prpblems

I did modify the motor mount by using a 1/4 ply facing plate ..positioned approx 1 3/8

from the front ....secured with 3.5 mm pan head screws ...all this done before model construction