Century Airtech Mini Pred

El CID

Advert

Hi

Bought one for the lad (Mini pred)  Good all round package. All you need to buy are the trans batteries.  I have flown it a couple of times- flys well.  My initial reaction was it was good value for money with plenty of options. I presume it was factory tested by Monkeys! As I had to trim it for most of its maiden flight - However its fine now.

As for the Mini Titan - I am a thunder Tiger fan - the quality is better and although I hav'nt actually flown one personally- only on a simulator - I have seen one in action and they go like stink! I would say they are not for the faint hearted! Plus the set up is more expensive.

Its basically a matter of choice in relation to flying experience and budget

Al

• 3 weeks later...

i fly a pred, its my 2nd heli and they fly great, quite stable and the flight times are really good 2. i got mine for xmas a year ago(2006) and i have never had any elecrical problems with it, althought i did crash it once and it stripped a servo. Its  good quality , and its strong and cheap to repair, there are also the upgrades you can get if you get the V2, but the V2 SE comes with all these fitted and the red boom. i know sum1 who flies a mini Titan, and he is really good at flying, he spends ages setting up his hellis and tuning them to fly super smooth, and wow do they look nice in the air(mini titans and his other helis). They are high quality kits, carbon and aluminium frames and head etc, but the prices are way different.

The pred is 200 or the SE is 260, whereas the titan is 170 for the fuselage alone i think, but you get what you pay for.

The thing you must be wary of with the mini-pred are the two rotary controls for the hover pitch and throttle. If these are set slightly out, especially the pitch, the model has a tendancy do nothing except run the headspeed up and then suddenly jump off the floor. The newer transmitters have a lock switch to the right of the revering switches. This must be up.