Kamco Kadet

Tony Bennett

Good start Tony,

Are you building it as a three or four function model? I had one years ago which I loved and had two wings giving a rudder elevator throttle set up or ailerons as well. I swapped them over to give people a chance to experience both on the smae model. Worked very well for me.

It is one of the models on my "must build again" pile - I still have the plan.

Malcolm

Edited By Malcolm Fisher on 18/06/2012 19:35:42

Built a Kamco Kadet way back in early 1975 to learn to fly on with my Dad. It was a Xmas present (1974) and built over the course of 2 months. First flight in Mid February and she had had over 200 flights before the fuel soaked dowels broke on the wing and the fuselage described a perfect arc into the ground, R.I.P Kadet. Of course the wing fluttered down a while later !!

Like many have said, we had 2 wings, the second one for "training" us to fly using Ailerons and was a foam wing with thin ply veneer. The OS 30 survived the "arrival" and continued to provide enjoyment on other planes when we emigrated to South Africa later that same year, ahh......memories.

Years later we built the Kamco Kossack, a lovely biplane using a K&B 40, great flier and I see from a recent mag that it may be coming back.

Posted by Roger in Dubai on 19/06/2012 13:51:39:

Years later we built the Kamco Kossack, a lovely biplane using a K&B 40, great flier and I see from a recent mag that it may be coming back.

Yes, I do hope to bring the Kossack back, might be a little while yet but I'll keep peeps up to date.

What mag was that you saw it in? I've not spoken to any of them yet. Must be the rumours that we're back are filtering through.smiley

Kamco Kid, I saw the photo of the Kossack in the June 2012 RCM&E and assumed, wrongly as it turned out, that the plane may have been built from a forthcoming kit as, to be honest, did not think that a plane from the early 80's would still be around. Apologies if I have caused you any problems with your future plans but I suppose any advertising is good advertising and I wish you all the best for your future endeavours to bring back planes from the great Kamco range. Safe landings, Roger

Posted by Roger in Dubai on 23/06/2012 18:12:45:

Kamco Kid, I saw the photo of the Kossack in the June 2012 RCM&E and assumed, wrongly as it turned out, that the plane may have been built from a forthcoming kit as, to be honest, did not think that a plane from the early 80's would still be around. Apologies if I have caused you any problems with your future plans but I suppose any advertising is good advertising and I wish you all the best for your future endeavours to bring back planes from the great Kamco range. Safe landings, Roger

No apologies needed Roger, I was just curious. I think the fact that these models are still around 30 years on and that scratch builders like Tony (who's thread we've hijacked) still want to build them is a credit to the original designer (Tony Ells). I hope I can do them justice when I bring them back.

Hello Tony,

The latest picture shows a model which looks far chunkier then what I remember my Kadet seemed. But then, memory plays tricks and it must be over fifteen years since mine ended as a bin liner job much to my regret.

Off topic, I am curious about the caravan in the picture. Do you use it? A friend of ours has a similar one which she uses as a sewing workshop - their main residence is a Yurt...

Malcolm

• 4 weeks later...