The fish likes to swim...

After yesterday's short, but successful maiden, I wanted to fly a bit more today with my Sharky... Batteries were charged, everything was ready, I just was a bit unsure how the situation outside looks like... From minute to minute conditions were changing, road's surface was wet, but after all - there was no wind and no rain at the moment. Quickly picked all needed stuff and like yesterday, went to the local park. I got her airborne after 3rd attempt. I have found out, that this particular plane launches much better when thrown upwards, at 35-40* angle, and really can feel the lack of power. Anyway, burnt one tank, landed safely, refuelled and thrown her away. This time, she climbed quite high, stalled (the angle was much more than 50* - just wanted to give it a try) and hit the ground. Supprisingly - nothing hapened, just stabiliser got separated from fus.

Went back home, quickly glued missing part back to its place, took my family and came back to the park. Fisrt launch was failed, I even thought I'm not gonna fly today anymore, but wiped off grass, water and fuel, refuelled again and started Cox... Just before she left my hand, I've noticed some raindrops on my glasses... and about a minute later, we experienced heavy rain... I was a bit nervous and worried about my paper-covered plane, but the view of people running out of the park while I was flying was pricelesscheeky ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.cool ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.. Just wanted engine to stop somehow, but of course, it didn't untill used up fuel. Another thing which made me happy was landing to the feet - the first one so close to me! Then quickly bagged plane in a big, black bag, collected my stuff again and with the banana on my face, got back home... I wanted to fly more, rain stopped a few minutes af we reached nice and dry house, but just gave up for today.

In calmer weather it flies perfectly, just will need to work on launching technique and find the right angle of throw. I am not a masochist or donkey, just wanted to use possibility of another flightcheeky ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page. and of course, the park was nearly emptycool ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.. By now Sharky is completely dry and I didn't notice any changes in it...

Cheers

Tom

Advert

You know Myron, I just don't like the way the things are...

When I started to keep birdspiders, of course the way was - "some mexican species like B.boehmei, after that C.cyaneopubescens, after maybe some arboreals like A. versicolor and far, far after that some more dangerous species like Poecilotheria regalis, H. maculata, Haplopelma...
When I started back in Poland, fisrt bought spider was B. boehmei

after that C. cyaneopubescens

and after that was H. maculata - african spider, very fast, with very strong venom, just and only for advanced keepers

She escaped me just once, but I was never bitten, never had any capitvity-related problems... Same way is with RC planes me thinks... First You have to fly with buddy box and somebody experienced, after that some foamie thing with pusher, later maybe something a bit more "normal" etc... The main criteria in case of spiders was how they look like and how fast can be... With RC main thing is now self built aircraft, look and all the rest after that. First I built Sharky EP, now it's gone, now have another just because I like construction, its look and mind of its own..

It's not that I just want to brake some schemes/schedules... I only can guess that it's just the way I am. One is crashed - will fix it, one is gone - will build another. Just in the name of hobby as I can say...

Ehh, I started to open myself a bit too much... Will need another project quicklywink ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page..

Regards

Tom

Hahaha, Eck, that was a good one!! But as I got two cats, I'd make good use of them first - 8 engines, some gyro for extra stability and I could fly it myselfcool ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page..

Steve, I'm not gonna start again... I kept them for over two years. It is very intresting, but after some time it just becomes very boring. A few times I've seen some brown, smooth adrenaline, when my Pokies were being handled and just walked round my hands... back and headwink ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.. And the name in fact tells You everything - since first discovered A. avicularia was pictured in 18** while eating small bird.

But anyway, it was just to show what I don't like... Ok, I understand - safety first, but it'd just take me too long time till I could enjoy hobby as I'd like to... Ok, I remember my cry when MKI got onto that tree, but "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger"wink ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

Next project will be started soon, and so it'll allow me to finish Mini Tyroblush ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page. - couldn't somehow get myself to buy covering iron just for MT, don't know why...

Cheers

At least with the cats, the LiPos would be warm....disgust

Covering iron? I've been using Mrs Eck's old iron since she bought herself a digital one - mind you, I've been told that my covering skills are rubbish (sadly true!).

I don't even want to imagine my lady's behavior if she'd find out what I do with her iron... Already she cried because I have borrowed her hobby drill, and I had a real cyclone at home when I needed some solder quickly, Maplin was too far that daywink ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page., so I disarmed TV remote, the old one... And thanks, don't want morewink ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.devil ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.....

I never covered plane with any kind of film, so Your skills are far better than mine I guess... Just wonder, how much wood and covering is going to be wasted before I start plane...

Edited By Major on 22/06/2012 12:19:29