WOT 4 Build Help

Bruce Richards

Hi,

I am building a WOT 4 for my son (Christmas present) and was wondering what to cover the fuselage with. I do not really want the mess bother or weight of glass and resin can I just cover with profile or similar?

I am worried that the fuz will be too weak with just a film covering.

I would be grateful for any suggestion of other methods I could use and the pros and cons of them. If you think that glass and resin is best I am happy to give it a go.

I will be fitting an ASP 52 2stroke engine and have gone for 2 servos in the wing.

Any other hints and tips gratefully received. 

Thanks for your help

Bruce

Advert

My friend has a second hand Wot 4, is was a bit tatty when he bought it, apparently quite well used, he spruced it up a bit, cured an aileron flutter problem and has flown it for about 5 years, this year finally saw the demise of his engine - an OS 46. He replaced the engine and it is now flying like a bird again!

• 6 months later...

need some advice please

I am building the wot 4 myself, just at the stage of installing the aileron torque rods.

can someone tell me what are these for? correct me if I am wrong but in my opinion when cutting into the root and drilling the dia holes for wing fixing this must weaken the this area of the wing.

Hi Andrew, I've built a couple of Wot4's.

You're talking about the holes/grooves you need to cut so the torque rods for the ailerons sit flush with the wing? Yes, it does seem as if things are being weakened there but remember that the glass fibre bandage will add loads of strength back so you'll be ok - it's an operation that needs care though.

Ah, no - if you're popping a servo in each wing then you'll just need a torque rod connection from each servo to each aileron horn. Then run extended servo leads to the centre of the wing (presubably via small grooves that you'll have to cut into the veneer and foam yourself if using the foam wing) so they are flush with the wing surface and can be plugged into the receiver. The servo torque rods here will be straight wire with a clevis in one threaded end and a right-angle bend or something similar at the other.

From memory the rods for one-sero aileron operation will have been pre-bent at either end. Hope that helps?

thats it thanks Dave, that all I needed to know

thank for all the info, happy flying mate.........................adios.....learning spanish as well .......lol

while you'r their dave take a look at my new plane, next one after the wot 4 just brought it off ebay...cool EROBAT just need a engine to go in it mabe a moki or the like depends on cost.catch ya later