Lama 5

Granddad

• 2 weeks later...
I can't get my Lama 5 to take off!  it's new straight from the box (actually second one as i returned the first one with the same problem)  I can get the blades to tilt using the controls but they won't spin. I have set up the trims etc as per the instructions but still nothing.  Any thoughts?

You have to put the switch next to the throttle lever right to the top so the light on the lama goes green from red. Once green push it in the opposite direction to get the blades spinning. Then slowly drop the throttle lever down to increase the power gradually. There is a safety mechanism on the lama that ensures no power is sent to the blades when the battery is first connected. Hence having to set the throttle to minimum and the switch to minimum. When I say switch I mean the little black push switch that sits to the right of the left throtlle lever.

It is quite true in what Andrew is saying. A lot of those counta - rotating heli's have this system. Normally the supplied transmitters need to have the throttle trim pushed upwards to initialise the receiver.  If you do not make sure on switching on the TX - the throttle trim is forward/up then the blades wont rotate when you push the throttle stick forward.

Thats what I thought Eric.   Basically it is

1. Throttle off  (stick back) towards pilot

2. Throttle trim up (towards aerial)

3. switch on transmitter

4. plug in battery on heli (receiver lights come on)

5. Push throttle stick forward (towards aerial) rotors turn

6. happy flying    or fly into tree depending on ability !  or potted plant if inside

my lama v5 wont take off straight, it banks to the right and also backwards. i have tryed to adjust the screws on the plates at the top but it just gets worse, ive tryed new blades new top bar etc nothing seems to work. it was fine until it got ramed into the wall by a not very funny brother. please help me!

• 1 month later...

I want to inform you that I have bought two Lama-5 Package, unfortunately after awhile my transmitter can't match /find helicopter(receiver), and after turn on the transmitter The LED on helicopter(receiver) remain ruddy,

Hence, I want to know:

1-How I can check it?

2-Is there any test that I recognize the problem?

3-How I can match another transmitter, or receiver, to another Lama5?

Looking foe hear from you,

Dear Eric,

Thank you so much for your replying redounded solve my problem, But now I'm seeing another problem that doesn't exist before; I charged the batteries fully and installed it, Set the Rudder stick as well as its trimmer to neutral position first, Gently pushed the throttle more until the skid was about to leave the ground, It was wondrous!, I saw that my Lama-5 was turning around itself fast, that made me to move the rudder stick to opposite direction (Near to the utmost!) to preventing fast direction.This turning shall control just by throttle stick, it's more than trimmer level.Also, as I push the throttle more, upper Motor starts first, then lower motor starts, Hence I think torque of upper motor as well as its speed is extra, but this case wasn't before! In addition, I'd like to know what's The Trim(like a tiny potentiometer)there is on the helicopter control box(receiver)? I would like to take this opportunity to thank you in advance for your time and attention.I'm looking forward to hearing from you. Best RegardsSaeed.

• 4 months later...