Flair scout kits

Into my first Flair scout build,i got the magnatilla.At the moment i am just looking/checking parts out and reading the manual.Because i am a novice,(only done a couple of small build before)i have been looking at builds here for tips etc.I am not sure but looking at several builds on the scouts it looks like the wings are built very similar and this leads to my question.It is intended that the bottom cap strips are layed out first then the ribs are glued to these at the flat section and the front area is finished whe nthe wing is removed from board.They need to be final trimmed to meeT the LE. I think i will find it easier to add these later.Is it ok the pack the ribs up then build THEN add the strips.OR am i missing something obvious that requires the strips done first.

Also while i am here and on a different tack,I have got a SC 52 4stroke to fit.Should i go with the wood bearers or get palstic engine mount.If using plastic mount do i need to modify the bulkhead at all,not sure of best connection method.

Advert

You will love the way the Magnatilla flies when you get it finished. After many years away from the hobby I built one covered it with Solartex, very easy to apply and adds a lot of strength, also used a 52 fs eng, it was the easiest and most pleasant flying model I've owned. piled it in last year with wrong model dialled into the tx and reversed ailerons, duh,. its still missed!.

The wood bearers are just fine, that's what I used.

Good luck,

John

PS.

I found this link useful when building mine, as you will see you have to hack away at the firewall a fair bit with the four stroke installation.

http://twokentvillages.org/assets/mmfcforum/view_topic.php?id=33&forum_id=11

You will have to copy and paste, don't know how to do the HERE bit.sad