Please help - banks left but sluggish to the right

Matt Coldron

I have a Radian Pro Never been crashed it glides level but when I yank and bank it to the left it is as I would expect a sharp bank. But to the right it just don't seem to want to play, I am self taught but to my eye both surfaces move the same amount im not doing any mad flying still learning. Please help Thankyou for looking Matt

Advert

Expanding on what dfa and LT have posted, if this occurs when the power is off, then it suggests that there is some asymmetric trim. If the control surfaces are all moving equally, then there would be something wrong with the geometry, ie a twisted tail.

However, given that the Radian is from a reliable manufacturer and well-made, I suspect this problem only occurs when you are under power and, as the above posts say, it is due to the torque effect of the propeller. If so, the best solution would be to add some right thrust to the motor to compensate for the turning effect.

When you launch the model under full power, does it have a tendency to screw to the left?

I'd also agree with LT on the desirability for some aileron differential, too, to reduce the drag caused by the down-going aileron.

Pete