Magnatilla build.

Gaz Reed

Sorry to ask basic questions again but this is my first build and while the actual building should be ok its the things like me needing to move the engine back into the firewall,for the 4stroke.I have marked the area i think needs to be gone but i now realise the box system that holds the beareres and tank will also get cut away.I think this will effect the tank postion also.How critical is the tank being right behind the motor in the box that sits in the 2 formers.

Advert

CS,Being its my first build the chances are it will be hidious si i think best not to show myself up.Only been in the hobby for apx 8 months with a trainer so far.Building is all new to me.The prob i have is that i think i can do a ok job of actual building,its the things like adapting the firewall to move engine back.I have no experience to know if its best to mount the engine vert or lat,head to the left or right,how close can the head be to the inside of cowl,moving tank etc etc etc.This is the part i will struggle on.I might do as you say and start a magnatilla build thread and state that i will post any probs i have so at least people will know what to expect

Four strokes have good fuel draw - so moving the tank back a wee way shouldn't make too much difference. Are you sure it's neccesary to do such drastic surgery? I have a 4-stroke ASP in my Maggie and I don't remember any problems of this nature? I'm away from home on holiday at present so can't just nip into the workshop to check. sad

BEB

Gaz, if your problem is aligning the throttle push rod with the throttle arm and also having sufficient space for the throttle arm to move without hitting the firewall then you might be able make something to do the job. I did it like this on one model 7 years ago and though it looks like a funny arrangement I haven't had to do anything to it in all this time:

Edited By Ian Jones on 02/08/2012 22:33:56

BEB,The plans which are not full size for forward fuselage and engine show a 2 stroke.There is a note saying that if 4 stroke is used it will be nessasery to let the engine into the fire wall.It even says not to worry about doing this and says it is plenty strong.

Holding the 52 in situ as far back as possible with cowl jerry rigged shows lots of engine poking out.

I have learned something today though,I have been working out where to cut the firewall to move back the engine and looking at the best way to mount the engine,up,down,left or right.Think this will not matter being that the bearers have the down and right thrust build it.Did not realise i have to end up with the shaft central in the cowl,so i have to of set the rear of motor.Avoided a mistake waiting to happen there at least.