Help!! rx setup for heli

Rusty C

I bought a Gaui mini zoom years ago thinking " I could do that" needless to say I only got it hovering once. Now I thought i will give it another shot as it is just collecting dust.

Now the trouble is I am totally in the dark with the rx setup ie what goes where servo wise, Its a spekky AR6100 DX6i setup.

I am also lost with the gyro settings I have a cheapy buzzflyer headlock and there is a servo wire coming off it with only one wire its yellow if that makes any odds.

Thanks for any help chaps

Rusty

The yellow wire is the sensing signal to allow Tx switching between Heading Hold and Rate Mode.

Most CCPM Helis have two front servos and a rear one. The rear one goes to the elevator, the front two are the Aileron and the Pitch. ESC goes to Throttle.

However, you will need far more info than this, far more than is sensible to write here, so read the DX6i manual starting at page 77.

Hi Rusty, It would be a good idea to get an experience helicopter flyer to give it a quick once over and flight before you try it yourself. These little Gaui's are mighty quick and very responsive even when dummed down on the tx, so it would be helpful for you to get some practice on a good helicopter flight simulator (phoenix etc) before attempting to fly it. Alternatively get a Spektrum radio (DX6i, DX7 or DX8) and an MCP-x to practice with first - far less intimidating and very crash resistant.

Have fun a and best of luck with this very challenging hobby.

Barry

Posted by Barryorbik on 15/08/2012 12:40:53:

Hi Rusty, It would be a good idea to get an experience helicopter flyer to give it a quick once over and flight before you try it yourself. These little Gaui's are mighty quick and very responsive even when dummed down on the tx, so it would be helpful for you to get some practice on a good helicopter flight simulator (phoenix etc) before attempting to fly it. Alternatively get a Spektrum radio (DX6i, DX7 or DX8) and an MCP-x to practice with first - far less intimidating and very crash resistant.

Have fun a and best of luck with this very challenging hobby.

Barry

Thanks Barry,

I have been getting help from a club member who is heli mad and won't touch what he calls "planks" The gaui is flying pretty well now apart from I am not sure the buzzfly gyro is up to the task?

I have been flying my planks for a while now a getting on great no crashes Yet! but am sure they will come with confidence smile p

And yes it is a very hard hobby to master, I am only just getting the nose in hover now after mant hours on the sim and at the field.

Hi Rusty,

It sounds as though you are now well sorted and flying confidently. My original Gaui 200 had the GAUI 210 Gyro which was pretty poor and drifted badly and I guess the Buzzflyer is just a copy. I was so impressed with the Align GP750 gyro that came with my Trex 250 that I have fitted one of those and a fast Futaba micro digital tail servo to both of my Gaui 200's and they hold the tails solid and give a blistering pyro speed when I get brave!!

I find my Gaui 200's feel far more 'locked in' than my Trex 250 (which sometimes seems to do its own thing) and is less robust in a crash, normally needing a full rebuild with a main shaft, feathering shaft, main gear and one way bearing being the common requirements even with only a gentle crash. The Gaui's just seems to break the top links but I do seem to have twisted the main blade holder ball link arms a few times on the Gaui's but they normally straighten quite well.

I leave the feathing shaft locking pin out out of mine so the shaft can self-centralize itself and it makes it easier to change if you do ever need to, as the little locking pin is a pain to remove if the shaft ever does get bent.

Have fun and enjoy your Gaui.

Barry