A Peter Miller designs day perhaps?

kc

Perhaps we should have a Peter Miller design day at one of the shows in the near future? We surely should be trying to perpetuate model building ( as distinct from ARTF flying ) and Peter must be one of the most prolific designers so it would be appropriate.

I have read many of the PMs articles over the years and have crashed a couple of his flyers to boot. Mr Nijhuis had a special and being a prolific contributor was deserving, why not a special with some of the other traditionalists, all gathered in one issue with their favourite build, favourite techniques and how too's. now that would be good reading.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

Great Idea, if our friends at RCME are looking could they please look into this one as I'm sure it could be a great day/weekend.

I know the schedule for shows is rather busy but an event celebrating such a prolific source of inspiration for this hobby and a nod to the art of building from plans would be fabulous.

Regards

savedbytheground

I totally agree. Peter has been a prolific builder for many years now and has produced some excellent designs. Something for everyone.

This would be a great opportunity to honour his dedication to aeromodelling in a way that, I'm sure, he would greatly appreciate.

Just my thoughts.

John.

Smashing idea!. Not only has Peter given the aeromodelling society a huge contribution of super designs, he still takes the time to advise the likes of me on building matters. To celebrate this and for motivating innumerate individuals to turn a pile of wood into a wonderful flying machine, a Peter Miller day/weekend MUST happen!