Republic Seabee

A number of years ago I started buiding a Republic Seabee from the May 1949 Aeromodeller plan. I have re-started on this project and would like to find a copy of the building instructions that were supplied with the plan. There is an awful lot of information missing on the plan and the text in the magazine is of no help whatsoever. Whilst I have 60 years of building experience it would still be helpful if I could find a copy, as it would clarify a lot of things

Tom. 

Advert

Tom

I have posted 2 pictures of a restored Seebee into my gallery, which you might find of interest- particularly the colour scheme which was a gorgeous blue. ( there will be delay before forum actually puts them up on show )

pictures taken at 2005 Oshkosh show.  a google search should show up other pictures.

I posted to my gallery as thats easy to do without the hassle of going thru another website.  its daft that we can post direct to our gallery but not to posts.

john

Erfolg, this is exactly what I am looking for as there is so much information missing from the plan. It was a free flight model but I wish to convert it to r/c. This will not be easy as first of all it was rather underpowered with a Mills 1.3 diesel and fitting a larger tank will be a problem as there is very little room in the engine nacelle. Waterproofing is another problem as there will have to be some kind of seal between the hull and the cabin. The floats also are in two halves and would need to be sealed. T/P will probably have to be all moving but we'll see what the original was like. The author said that his original had an Allouchery 1.25 diesel fitted but this I have never even heard of. I posted a reply to Eric's post but for some reason or other it was deleted 

Tom

I have just been through all my extracts from old Aeromodellers again, it is is not there.

If I still have it it will be with my complete Aeromodellers, which I have not broken down. They are filed away in a transport box. Unfortunately it will have to wait (a lot of retrieval is required) till my daughter N0. 1 and grandchildren go home on Wednesday.

Erfolg

Eric,

sorry about that but it was thanking you for that information and saying basically what I said in the next reply about missing information watersealing etc. Strangely tonight I had three responses in my e-mail but when I went to the first one it told me that my response was disabled, yet the other two were OK.

Tom. 

Erfolg,maybe I should just clarify again that the illustrated build instruction leaflet was supplied with the plan. So if you didn't buy the plan you probably won't have the leaflet. One of my fiends has the original magazine and I had a look at it last week and photocopied the isometric view and the half page of text. So don't go hauling everything out just for the magazine

Tom.