Hobby King UK free collection

I was looking around the site after it crashed for the evening to see if I could see anything new.

What I did find is that you can now collect your order from the warehouse and skip any delivery charges.

ParcelForce Express Large 48 $37.38
United Kingdom Pickup $0.00

Advert

There are a few other choices other than Large 48 for £37

ParcelForce Euro Priority to Channel Islands $13.95 28654g left.
United Kingdom Pickup $0.00 98654g left.
ParcelForce Express 24 Max 2kg (£6.2) $9.95 654g left.
ParcelForce Express 48 Max 2kg (£4.0) $7.05 654g left.
EMS Express to United Kingdom (MAX 1.5kg) $40.31 154g left.
Air Parcel (UNITED KINGDOM) 1000g - 1499g $31.65 154g left.
DPD-GB 4-7 Days 0-3kg (Germany to United Kingdom) $22.90 1654g left.
International (Registered) Air Mail 1.5kg $23.59 154g left.
GLS Express Courier 2kg (Germany to UK) $13.31 654g left.
SingPost AirParcel 2kg / 7-21Days $39.99 655g left.
ParcelForce Express Large 48 $37.38 28655g left.
SCS Express to UK (MAX 1.5kg) $36.05 154g left.

So, what happens when you go to pick up your new 50cc Sbach, open the box in front of the staff and find that it's smashed to hell???

Options...... be given another model from stock?.........have the busted parts swapped from another box?........be told that a ticket will have to be opened with CS and there's nothing they can do themselves to help? (got a funny feeling that it'll be option 3 but I'm very happy to be proved wrong)

A friend of mine had one of these models delivered from the UK WH that was indeed a mess and is still trying to get the problem resolved after many weeks.

To be fair Scott C has only just been made aware of the issue so with a bit of luck things will be sorted. Just keep in mind that despite what may have been suggested, experience says that HK UK are not too forthcoming with following UK mail order legislation (which they don't have to of course,as the purchase was made in Hong Kong!) so as with betting on the horses, never spend more than you can comfortably afford to lose!

C8 HK Platinum member.

Without wishing to lead another HK thread well off track, if the box that the goods are collected in appears to be "...smashed to hell... " I would suggest that they aren't signed for and perhaps another might be selected from the warehouse.
The warehouse staff are not unreasonable people and would not, presumably, select damaged goods for dispatch in the first place.
In many years of experience, transit damage has always occurred just there - in transit!

Just my two penneth worth

Sorry if I've not been clear, but what I'm asking is if on inspecting the contents of the box in front of the HK staff at their depot, you are presented with a product that is damaged/badly built/ or otherwise unacceptable.

I don't question whether HK's staff are unreasonable (i'm sure that they are not) but the  procedures they have been ordered to follow and how well any problems can be rectified if they are faced with the above scenario

. As a matter of interest, my friend's Sbach came in an undamaged box and the faults only came to light after it was opened at home. Fuselage formers had been crushed with debris loose in the fuz and the cowl was of very poor manufacture (amongst several other issues) so it seems likely that the item was packed that way in the factory.

Edited By kevin goodwin on 14/09/2012 10:46:29