Gamine

William Gomes

Hey Guys ,

I live in Brazil and had a chance to buid a Gamine from magazine free plans .

Before start to cut balsa I decide to made some small changes in the plan to suit my personal preferences , materials available and my radio gear.

First , is electric , I use plastic bolts in wing , nose is longer to acomododate a batery and esc , make the wings biger - 2 ribs more in each side , change the wing profile for a undercamberand finaly I add ailerons.

The reasons for change : Electric -- no mess with fuel and no diesel engines or even diesel fuel in these side of world.

Wings biger , here were I live is very hot and altitude 3500 ft above sea leve give me a very higy altitude density , so,,, more wings , more lift. We have some strong wind gusts too , so I decide to use ailerons and reduce diedral to a half. Wing bolts ,,, well simply because , look beter than rubber bands .

Long nose about 1 inch help me with C.G. and have space to a 3S 1600 mha battery. The servos are fited in tail to reduce the complication with push roads.

The plane flies nice , very easy bus firs fly the tail is a bit heavy and was dificult to trim .

I dont notice to much diference in a undercamber airfoil in a wing of these size , to dificult to build. Probably will not do it again. The ailerons work fine but in turns I notice a small tendence to airplane nose goes down in direction to turn and I have to use some oposite ruder. Maybe to much diferencial. Take off in less than 15 ft 70% power.

And finaly ,,, my Gamine is the oldest in town because the pilot ,,, well , as you can see ,,, he wait to long in a plane.

Thanks for read , excuses for my poor english.

Best wishes for all.

Advert