First Flight

WKD-Side

I would love to know if any other members have had the same problems as myself over the years or am I just unlucky or could I just be lucky?

I've now been into model aircraft flying for many years and now run my own Model Aircraft Design business, and for god knows how long I've done it all, smashed them up, building mistakes, but the worst has got to be the wife?  WHY?  Simple for years she has not been intrested at all in any of the projects ive done, untill that is christmas just gone.

What did I do? Same as any other person got a few planes and got the thypoon plans from RCM&E ( CHEERS DAVID  )

Well all my lovely new planes was coming and my wife as she always do wants to know whats what so I do the right thing and let her know what been bought and costs  ( Well just about)

Anyway this plane came and it was the ARTF  Skystar that I was getting for someone, And as soon as I opened the box the wife said " Another Plane?"

As soon as it was build and ready to take to my dear friends my wife saw it and before I could blink she fell in love with it and now wants to go flying after all them years.

So come on guys lets have your story how you and your wife/partner got into flying

Advert

My wife has always been supporting, but I do remind her from time to time that I was into model aeroplanes long before she was on the sceen!

One of the first outings with me, she came to watch some control-lining, and when I got things wrong and buried the thing into the ground, she asked if that was how we landed them

My Julia is quite practical and the year we got together, asked me if there was anything she could build for me....

The result was my now 7 year old Raptor 30 heli that has needed only a new clutch and engine in all that time. I can wholy recommend her for building your next heli for you! Everything was loctited and set up exactly as per the book and I haven't needed to touch it since.

Every plane I've built from meeting Julia has had a little input from her, like the painted pilot and his fluttering scarf on my Pup. Shows up nice on all the low flybys.

I still get a ribbing now and again though over my 'toys' but never any moans over the cost of anything I get. Also, Julia is my chief model video camera lady but I can't get her to have a go of any model. She did show a little more interest after seeing that advert on the tele though where the boyfriend shut her car door with his foot and the girlfriend took revenge by dumping his new plane.

We always go sloping together in the better weather and have a sit down with some packing up looking out over the view. Julia's taking up painting again now though so I may be lugging an easel along with my gliders from now on.

I've been aero-modelling now on and off for about 50 years and married for 37 of them. 'The missus' is facinated by the building process and quite likes the finished product but baulks at the expense, especially when 'flying accidents' occur (the area around where I live in Spain is very short on good flat level flying strips) and re-building is required. But she will throw a wobbly if I criticise her shopping or the amount spent on her 'hobbies'. Oh! Well. We can't live with them and we surely can't live without them.