Servo choice for 1/4 Stampe

Advert

Good evening Dylan,

I guess you are talking about the Digital Savox 0252MG, approx 7 kg-cm on 4.8V. Of course they will be suitable. I use a number of Savox servos on my scale models including 0252MG, and I am very satisfied with them. What engine are you using or going to use on the Stampe?

Here in Malta a Precedent 1/4 Stampe is flying with a 20cc two stroke for years. Very nice flyer.

Best regards,

Edwin

Hi Edwin, many thanks for th reply, yes they are the servos i'm referring to, and I thought they would be well up for the job. As engines go, I have a choice at the moment, a Saito 125, OS 120 or a Mintor 33cc, I'm thinking the Saito would be my first choice, but I do have all 3 sitting waiting for frames.

• 2 weeks later...

thats interesting cymaz, thank you, funny that i bought 2 new engines today, a laser 100 and a saito triple, the choice of power plants for the model now is getting ridiculous lol.

As far as beefing up, done plenty of that to the centre section, although I am lookinng at putting in working rigging wires, rather than just cosmetic ones so that should help

very very nice sir (you lucky lucky bar steward! crying 2), I have also been given first refusal on a Saito 5 cylinder, 170 or 200 or something like that, I forget, I just went weak at the knees when I saw it and the price I could have it for (2nd hand but brand new still in box) and less than half price, but still in 4 figures frown

• 4 weeks later...

I am starting my Stampe soon.......I can't seem to find the dihedral angle on the plan. I've looked and looked but to no avail.

Can someone please tell me how much the wing tip needs to be raised if the centre section is flat. Also is the lower wing the same angle as the top wing. Ta

Hi Cymaz, there is no dihedral angle on the plan but in the parts there are diherdral braces, if you use these they are pretty accurate, for the bottom wing the tips were raised 61mm from the flat centre section, and i am pretty sure the top wing was exactly the same (cant remember its been quite a while but can check for you).

The dihedral brace works like this; top and bottom spar glue parallel to the top and bottom edges of the brace, in the centre there is an angled slot which slides onto the centre section giving the correct angle, if you make sure the top edge of each slot sits exactly flush to the centre section main plate you wont be a million miles out, if at all, I know my top wing needed tweeking ever so slightly but the bottom wing was spot on both sides.

Is it the Precedent 1/4 scale you are building? If so I can post a pic of the braces, part numbers LC9 and LC10

belts and braces Garbo wink 2

I have decided on the Savox 252MG servos with a Laser 100 up front, the Savox for peace of mind more than anything else and the laser i think goes without saying, just a lovely sound, funnily enough the only type of servos i dont have lying around spare are standards lol