Flair SE5A electric conversion and build blog

JayCee

Well...it's finished enough for a test flight!
Not perfect, but not bad for my first ever traditional build!
p1010007.jpg
p1010006.jpg
p1010005.jpg
There is still the exhaust/manifold to install and I'm waiting for a beech wooden prop from HK but have decided to see how it flies before spending a lot more time on it.
p1010004.jpg
It wanted to fight me all the way.. it was more or less finished last night but for some inexplicable reason the aileron on channel six didn't operate operate when i tried it this morning!
Well you know the score, to get to the Rx I had to remove the undercarriage so that I could remove the lower wing and the realised the lower wing is attached to the upper wing Grrr so half an hour later I got access to the Rx but couldn't find a reason.
p1010003.jpg
Checked the servo, checked the extension leads there was just no output on Chanel six! Went through the set up on the Tx to make sure the Flaperons were switched on......still nothing.
Decided as a last resort to erase the model from the Tx memory and start again...then everything started working properly.....strange and worrying. Changed all the leads just in case, was going to change the Rx but didn't have a spare and at £60.00 before Christmas!!!
p1010001.jpg
p1010008.jpg
There is a load more testing before a maiden flight so will keep an eye on it.

Advert