1800mah vs 2200mah

Nick Williams

Advert

If you follow good practice and use only 80% of your packs, that'll give you 1440 and 1760mAh available. So on the same amps you'll get 22% longer flight time with the 2200mAh pack.

BUT, you can't ignore the extra weight (presumably) of the 2200mAh pack. If you fly the same style with each pack, you'll inevitably be using more amps with the heavier pack, so you won't see all of the 22% time advantage.

Right, so I'm not going to see a massive difference for the extra price & inevitable weight gain.

I think I'll order a watt meter to, so I can see what it's drawing from the battery. I'm reading that this motor & prop (7x5e) combo pulls around 11 amps.

Nick

Edited By Nick Williams on 30/10/2012 20:05:59

I agree with Allan - a wattmeter is an absolutely essential piece of kit for anyone doing electric power. You have to remember changes in prop can lead to quite considerable changes in current draw and burnt out ESC is not only a loss of that particular item it is potentially severe damage to the entire model sad

BEB