Feeling a bit of a cheat when it comes to PSS - opinions?

Conwy Soarer

PSS has been on my to do list for a few years, I have had an epp Tucano and Spit but in my mind they dont count. I have many folders and sketches of possible projects but none have gone further than printing out a plan! Anyway I have to say I was very impressed by some of the ARF foam airframes being flown as PSS at the last PSSA meet on my home slope the Orme. Anyway to cut a long story short whilst browsing the HK site I clicked the buy it know button on seeing the DH Vampire. I think I have inherited the love of Vampires and Venoms from my Dad. The HK version is made by Durafly, its designed for DF annd comes pre painted in a very pleasing all silver scheme.At just under 40 notes I couldnt resist, we shall see after its maiden whether or not it was a bargain. I have built as stock just to see how it goes.

Durafly DH Vampire PSS

Advert

Hi CS, cannot say how they fly on the slopes, but we have 2 at out club, being flown as DF's and they are exellent fliers. They look great in the sky, and are always being commented upon when flown. I would imagine that without the added weight of the gear they would make very good PSS models. Cheers. ps For £40 you cannot go far wrong ImHO.

Having just bought one and broke both booms off on my maiden, I would recommend the thread on here for the HK Vampire, especially about CofG and requirement to put some CF strip into the full length of the booms.

Of course, easy to fix with UHU POR or CA (the EPO used can take regular CA)

Chris

Edited By Christian Ackroyd on 04/11/2012 07:30:30

• 3 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi, has anyone tried the larger composite Hobbyking Vampire on the slope? I have one that I want to use on the slope as I'm not really into DF at this point.thinking not to fit flap servos/uc / steering etc to save some weight. may fit a tows point in the nose as I have one lying around and there is a bit of aerotowing happening at the club here. any thoughts on CG positions, logical reinforcing etc would be appreciated. Thanks graham

• 4 weeks later...