Hack Glider EP

Radge

• 2 weeks later...
Advert

Unable to do any serious building at the moment because of a 'full house' for Christmas but I'm having thoughts on powering this little jobbie. Take one 6mm OD carbon tent pole, pin in some circular hard wood,

16122012.jpg

Add a 2826 1900kv motor and two roll on deoderant caps

16122012(001).jpg

and I've got the makings for a power pod. Just add a fairing for the ESC, a lick of paint and I've got something I can transfer from model to model(adjusting the power set up accordingly).

• 3 months later...

From Beth, (Davids wife)

Hello all, as I'm sure you are aware David(Radge) has lost his sight and it was behoven to both his brother and myself to finish his electric glider. In the end we used the last of the iron on covering he had left. To be honest I rather enjoyed doing it, (being a dab hand with an iron anyway) Lining up and securing the tail down was not easy, mainly because David was continually shouting at us about incedence, control throw measurement's and things! But it's all done and tested and now ready for it's first flight. For that event, David's brother and the rest of the family are coming tomorrow and we're going to have a bit of a launch barbeque party as the weather is set to be perfect.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Beth

19042013(001).jpg

19042013.jpg

Edited By Radge on 19/04/2013 15:56:46

From Beth

Thank you for your kind comments Riverlandgirl, David sayes hi and hopes you're having success with your 'mad' inventions.

Davids brother flew his glider this morning. It flies extremely well and climbs very quickly. It seemed to take ages to to come back down with the power off and was flown several times over David so he could hear it. He is very pleased, especially when his brother told him he thought it would fly just as well with half the power available. David has asked that we set up a video so that we can share this with you all.

Thank you all

Beth

Radge and Beth

I had no idea either that David had lost his sight .I felt I just had to say that I can't help but admire you David for continuing to have an interest in the hobby in spite of your affliction. I think I know how you feel since earlier this year I had a mini stroke which took away the sight in one eye and gave me extreme double vision on its return after a quarter of an hour or so followed by a stay in hospital.It happens quite often apparently thanks to a blocked carotid artery to the brain and has a latin name Fugas something or other ,but really terrified me . I feel so lucky that apart from dizziness ,which restricts me from trying to start and run ic engines safely at the moment , I can at the least see properly .You have a lot of courage obviously David and I sincerely hope you keep up your resilience with the help from your nearest and dearest .Keep up the good fight .God bless you all.

Myron