Help with flying in Southampton

daniel barton

hi all, anyone fly in southampton as id really like to go flying with someone other than myself and i would also like to not ethat i dont drive so unless someone is willing to help me get to a fly site, itll need to be fairly close to the northam estate. please say there is someone willing to help me with this as i really would hate to have to fly by myself

Advert

Hi Daniel and welcome, Personally i'd forget about youre kabriolin for the moment, Can you fly at all yet? That Trainer you have looks ideal if its setup correctly, if you have nobody and are teaching yourself , i'd invest in a hobbyzone supercub or something very similar and easy to setup till you get the hang on the basics, then you could move up to you're trainer then in a while youre kabriolin. Those aircraft you have are the last thing you and to say the least the authorities need turning up in a local field, these could be potentialy very dangerous so i'd suggest starting with something alot smaller, yes you have a trainer but really needs to be at a purpose built club and be flown by one of its members to see if its setup correctly, what transmitter are you flying with? I'm sure someone will be along soon on here to give more advice, but please dont attempt to fly either of these on youre own, theres plenty of aircraft on the market now purposely built to help you fly by yourself , hope to see you flying soon, dont let the pressure get hold of you, we where all there one time too,

Good Luck

Best wishes

Scott

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 27/11/2012 04:49:39

hi scott, yh i can fly to a certain extent, its the landings and setup im struggling with, my local club havnt even replied to several emails requesting information so im affraid a club is a no go, hence why im asking if someone is willing to help me.

i have a 6 channel e-sky 35mhz transmitter atm but that will be changed fairly soon

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 27/11/2012 04:49:49

Hi Daniel,

I'd totally agree with David here. Club secs etc are sometimes - how shall I put it? - made up of that section of the mature population who is not so adept and speedy with all modern forms of communication! In short - they're not always so good with emails etc.

So as David says give them a call or even better, if you know where it, is take wander down to their flying field one Saturday morning. 99% of clubs are very friendly.

If you really do have to "go it alone" then Scott's advice is good - get something very easy and virtually indestructable, like the Fun Cub, until you have your take-off's and landings fully under control. Also - join the BMFA as a "country member" for the insurance and a copy of the Handbook, this will give you advice on how to pick a place where it is safe to fly etc.

BEB