401/9254 problems

Torben Theisen

i have just finished building a century swift and have fittet a 401gyro and a Futaba.         S9254 servo, i also bought a new FF9. the trouble is that when i turn the radio gear on(in the heli after the tx is on) the gyro seems to set well, but the servo jitters and moves about half a millimetre either way. it does this for about five seconds, then it stops untill i move the rudder stick, then it does it again. Anyone got any ideas how to fix it?

the DS function is on, the reverse is on, the delay is set to zero and the limit is set to 100. on the radio, AVC is on, rate up is 70 and down is 30, i havent done any mixing(gyro/throttle).

Any suggestions are welcome, its going in to bet properly set up anyway because im not sure about a few things , but only in a few days time.

thanx

Torben.

Advert

Good choice of Gyro Torben  Set the the Gyro gain to 45% on your Transmitter.  when you power up your RX and the gyro initializes - with this gyro make sure the TX heading hold/lock switch is on.  If you still have the problem try what Eric has said.

Al