irvine tutor 40 mk2 equipement

daniel barton

hi all, im gunna be getting an irvine tutor 40 mk2 ARTF and im wondering what irvine engine to put in it, bearing in mind that this wont be a straight build as i intend on taking my time to get the thing and all the parts first before i start on it.

also anyone has any ideas as to what servos i should put in it as ill be matching them all, also as a referrence, ill be using a spektrum dx7 transmitter

Advert

Hi Daniel

I am sure an Irvine .40 would be good enough,

As for servos, any standard servos will be fine like Futaba 3003s or Hitec HS 311 to name two. Be careful If buying them from Ebay as there is fake ones about that are not very well made!!

There are other cheaper servos from places like Giant shark and Hobbyking but I have no experience of these.

Good luck

Dean

Hello Daniel.

As Dean says, standard servos like the Futaba 3001s will be fine. Personally, I would go for a .46 size engine just to give you "that bit extra". I have taught a couple of people to fly on the old Tutor and it was very good, so I would expect the new one to be just as good, but they are a bit limp with a .40 which is why I suggest the .46.

hi again, this is the setup that im thinking of (after researching it) and im wondering what you all think

Irvine tutor 40 mk2 ARTF = £70

os max 46la-s silv. W/E3030si = £68

master 11"x8" G3 Gf prop = £3.15

irvine spinner (not sure of the size yet but going for either a red or carbon fibre effect) = £5-20

HiTec HS422 deuxe standard servos x4 = £8.50 each = £34 total

so what do you all think of this setup

If you can afford it, I would suggest an Irving .53. It's the same size as a .40, not much more expensive and hads a greater reserve of power to get you out of those brown trousers moments. Also, you will be able to transplant ti to bigger, more power hungry aircraft later on.

I have one in my Tutor 40. It works very well.

Edited By Lima Hotel Foxtrot on 14/12/2012 15:44:27

I ran an OS46LA Blue in my Tutor40 for a while, it was quite limp compared to the Irvine 40. I don't know if the LA's have changed since then or not. They are good engine that are built to last but powerhouses they are not.

Irvines can be hard to get at the moment but SMC are offering the latest version of a 40 at £49.99 while stocks last, that's cracking price but even better than that Slough RC have them in stock a pound cheaper.

Kings Lynn model Shop (on order) are offering them at £46.00 check if they actually get them though.

I can't find anyone having any of the other size Irvines in stock (apart from 1.50) and Ripmax doesn't even list the 46 & 53.

You could always go for an SC 46 at around £54 there's one at AirTek for example