Binding a 2.4 R2006GS

Winco Steve

Good morning all,

I have just attempted to bind a Futaba R2006GS receiver to my 6J. All very easy stuff. However, I did encouter an interesting incident. Whilst going through the process I noticed that the receiver LED continued to flash red (not binding) and would not go to the solid green of 'bound'. I disconnected the receiver power and switched off the transmitter. Tried again, same occured. I then realsied that the whole set up was quite close to my computer router. Now, I know these, or mine anyway, operate on the 2.4 GHZ range. So, I moved out of the room and into another and the process worked within a couple of seconds. So, I suppose I'm just letting anyone else know that this can be a something to watch out for when attempting to bind receivers! If a router can, apparently, cause effect it may be possible for other devices on the 2.4 spectrum to do the same.

Regards to all,

Winco Steve

Edited By Winco Steve on 15/12/2012 09:11:11

Advert

Cheers Steve, thanks for that.

I have noticed this before, but its good to put it out there so others know.

We also had a binding issue at our indoor meet the other night, where three guys were trying to bind their new mini quad copters at the same time, but only one tx got through and locked into all three quads. It was funny, but also a bit dangerous as the other two started up while their owners were handling them.

• 7 years later...