UKCAA - Models, engines and schedules

Steve Dunning

• 1 month later...
Posted by minty morton on 07/07/2014 19:58:19:

I used to have the 25 size version with an Irvine 40 in it and it was superb

enlightenedIndeed Minty , that was a gem of a model - Q40 Irvine using mainly half power instead of the intended size , larger prop , effortless verticals - yet half the noise of an almost constantly flat out 25 , same tank size ? can't remember. whatever happened to it ?

Posted by Steve Dunning on 17/07/2013 20:03:33:

I do wings, with balsa covering as standard, CNC cut with skins applied in a vacuum table. PM me with your details if interested. Steve.

I would like to add : Steve's work is excellent , not to mention His general candour and considerable efforts in assisting others .

Though a Prolific Model - Builder / Supplier / Repairer , never beats His own drum , and is the first to recommend / admire other Models and equipment He deems the equal or superior to His own .

* if that fails to invoke a discount voucher ? I will show my backside in burtons shop window wink 2 I jest !

Yes i can also vouch for the quality of Steves workmanship

Did anyone see that 60 size Magic kit for sale on the Bmfa web yesterday the guy was asking £55.......... Bugger ! it was already sold when i enquired. Apparently his email box exploded with all the interest !! Apparently he had to remove the add

Still Guttedcrying

Sam

I did buy it but then the guy reported the high volume of interest but he told people that it was sold (to me). Another asked how much I had paid, Dave said the £55 he had asked for. The guy offered £155. Dave was at a loss. On ringing me I told him to accept the higher offer with my blessing. Dave said 'but I'm going back on a deal'. I replied that there was no problem and that he should go ahead. End of story.

Let's face it, I have another Magic kit, with GRP fus that I can take a mould off so let the guy have the extra money.

Steve