Ebay can work

Glyn R

I have been using ebay for many years and never had a problem with any purchase.

Just recently I ordered a fuel tank from a Hong Kong seller who I have used before. After a few weeks, no sign of the fuel tank. I contacted the seller who said the due date was another week. In another week still no fuel tank. Eventually I tried to contact ebay, I followed the procedure and quickly received a full refund from ebay. The seller is no longer trading.

The item was not of great value but I was reassured that the ebay support system can work.

Advert

Correct me if i'm wrong but id class this as a problem with a purchase if you never received youre item? Yes its great getting a refund but its the time and effort put into securing the item, ive just spent £50 on an item and ebay has told me to cancel it! im now been told by ebay i cant cancel till i receive it since ive already paid for it, supposedly the gentleman has been sending bracelets instead of torches, i will still use ebay but will be on my guard from now on

I think one problem with one seller since 2003 constitiutes nothing to worry about especially as ebay refunded the cash.

I suggest you go through the ebay procedures. My point is that my experience is at least as good as any other kind of trading and ebay will support you if you follow the procedures.

• 11 months later...

It hasn't got a blue sticker on the side, it looks exactly like the one I bought from Whitchurch Models. However, I've just returned from the flying field where someone told me that another colleague had won one on eBay which gave trouble. When he sent it in to Horizon Hobbies they said that it was a clone and did not repair it.

I'll make further some enquiries.